* btrfs mount flags
@ 2012-04-13 15:50 Kai Krakow
From: Kai Krakow @ 2012-04-13 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hello!

Is there any documentation about btrfs mount flags wrt:

1. which flags are one-time options and are permanent,
2. which flags are global per btrfs partition,
3. which flags are local per subvolume mount?

I'm asking because while googling I found very confusing info about
autodefrag. Some say it is a global flag, others say to get autodefrag one
has to supply it for each subvolume mount to have autodefrag for that
subvolume.

Then there's space_cache which is a one-time option and does not need to be
given on successive mounts. Otoh there's inode_cache which I would expect to
be handled the same but it doesn't look like it's implemented that way.

Then maybe there are flags which are obsolete meanwhile because they are
default features with later kernel versions.

Thanks,
Kai