* possible to generate all scripts one time ?
@ 2020-05-15  1:10 zhangyifan46
From: zhangyifan46 @ 2020-05-15  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel

Hello guys,
I am now currently using a parallel tool like icecream. And my project has over 200 packages.So when the build starts,it need to start icecream 200 times and the start time is a great cost.
So i am wondering do we have a method to generate all automake scripts(especially compile or install) one time and then i need to only start icecream once.
Thanks for your ideas!

* Re: [bitbake-devel] possible to generate all scripts one time ?
@ 2020-05-21 13:20 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2020-05-21 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhangyifan46, bitbake-devel

Hi,

On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 18:10 -0700, zhangyifan46@huawei.com wrote:
> I am now currently using a parallel tool like icecream. And my
> project has over 200 packages.So when the build starts,it need to
> start icecream 200 times and the start time is a great cost.
> So i am wondering do we have a method to generate all automake
> scripts(especially compile or install) one time and then i need to
> only start icecream once.
> Thanks for your ideas!

When you say "packages", I suspect you mean "recipes". The challenge is
that the recipes are all in independent processes. Its certainly
possible you could generate those tasks but not run them, then try and
collect and run them together but it wouldn't be easy. There are inter
dependencies between them too, so its unlikely all 200 couldn't run
together and there would have to be ordering between them.

I know very little about icecream but would it not be possible to start
it once, then use that instance for each of the tasks when they were
ready? That would probably the least invasive/complex approach.

Cheers,

Richard