* Hardware acceleration
@ 2019-03-09  4:45 louis
From: louis @ 2019-03-09  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WireGuard

Dear team,

I’m trying to make Wireguard use CPU’s hardware crypto engine . The hardware crypto engine can be driven by linux kernel. And it has registered the algorithms which it supports to the linux kernel as I can see those by “cat /proc/crypto”. Unfortunately , there’s no CHACHA available. Is there any good suggestions about how I can make Wireguard use the engine?
Such as change the crypto suite to “GCM-AES”? Or other greater?

Hope to hear you.
Regards.

Louis Michael  Networking Architect
Tel.: +86 185 0008 4208
E-Mail:louis@ukl-1.com
Web site:www.ukl-1.com
Address:Room 50629, 6F,Building D, Galaxy SOHO, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

* Re: hardware acceleration
@ 2014-09-23 15:45 ` Tyler Hicks
From: Tyler Hicks @ 2014-09-23 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Waegeman; +Cc: ecryptfs

On 2014-09-23 16:13:29, Kenneth Waegeman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've read that ecryptfs supports hardware acceleration, but I don't find how
> to enable this or check if it is working.

This is all handled by the kernel crypto API. Users (you) and kernel
crypto API consumers (eCryptfs) are not expected to do anything to
enable hardware acceleration. The crypto API makes the decision of
whether your hardware supports acceleration and if it should be used.

I don't know of an easy way to check if it is enabled. What I would
suggest doing would be:

1) Set up your eCryptfs mount
   - This will result in eCryptfs autoloading the crypto drivers
2) Look at /proc/crypto
   - Look at all entries with the name "cbc(aes)"
   - Now compare the "priority" fields for each of those entries
   - If the highest priority entry's driver field is "cbc-aes-aesni",
     eCryptfs should be using the AES-NI driver

> How can I find out which cyphers are supported, and how can I see if it
> actually uses the hardware acceleration?

Loaded crypto modules are described in /proc/crypto. You'll need to load
any kernel crypto modules that are not loaded before they're described
in /proc/crypto.

Tyler

> Thanks again!!
>
> Kenneth