* [Buildroot] network doesn't come up on boot
@ 2020-01-16 21:32 daggs
From: daggs @ 2020-01-16 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Greetings,

I have a rpi4 board to whom I've created a 64 bit image, I've noticed that even with the busybox init system, the network doesn't come up when I boot the system.
I must plug a screen and a keyboard, login manually and restart the service.

has anyone else noticed such scenario?

Dagg.

* [Buildroot] network doesn't come up on boot
@ 2020-01-17 18:41 ` Avraham Shukron
From: Avraham Shukron @ 2020-01-17 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Did you set BR2_SYSTEM_DHCP to the name of you network interface?
Usually it is `eth0` for the Ethernet interface.

Alternatively you can set static IP and pass it as `ip=x.x.x.x` to the
kernel cmdline.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 11:32 PM daggs <daggs@gmx.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a rpi4 board to whom I've created a 64 bit image, I've noticed that
> even with the busybox init system, the network doesn't come up when I boot
> the system.
> I must plug a screen and a keyboard, login manually and restart the
> service.
>
> has anyone else noticed such scenario?
>
> Dagg.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] network doesn't come up on boot
@ 2020-01-18  6:01   ` daggs
From: daggs @ 2020-01-18  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
>Did you set BR2_SYSTEM_DHCP to the name of you network interface?
>Usually it is `eth0` for the Ethernet interface.
>?
>Alternatively you can set static IP and pass it as `ip=x.x.x.x` to the kernel cmdline.?
>
>>On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 11:32 PM daggs <daggs at gmx.com[mailto:daggs@gmx.com]> wrote:Greetings,
>>
>>I have a rpi4 board to whom I've created a 64 bit image, I've noticed that even with the busybox init system, the network doesn't come up when I boot the system.
>>I must plug a screen and a keyboard, login manually and restart the service.
>>
>>has anyone else noticed such scenario?
>>
>>Dagg.

yes, I have, with busybox init it sometime works but if I switch ti sysv or openrc it doesn't

has there been any change lately in this part of buildroot?

Thanks,

Dagg
?