* Re: [zeus] icu-native-64.2-r0 do_configure: configure failed
@ 2019-10-31  9:20 Arno Steffens
From: Arno Steffens @ 2019-10-31  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ross.burton

Thanks Ross, that was a great help! Not sure I would found it...
Indeed python3 was installed but not all required elements:
sudo apt-get install python3-distutils was my friend.
Best regards
Arno

* Re: [zeus] icu-native-64.2-r0 do_configure: configure failed
@ 2019-10-30 17:30   ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2019-10-30 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arno Steffens; +Cc: yocto

On 30/10/2019 12:11, Arno Steffens wrote:
> I use a poky core-image-minimal with some packages added - as for instance strace and valgrind (for armv7a).
> Strange - yocto in older versions generates images with valgrind/strace .. without any complaints.
> So both PC and image-recipe are same, but in Yocto 2.5 and 2.7 it works, in 3.0 not ?!?
>
> Sorry I am confused, do you mean python is missing in requested image or at host PC with Ubuntu 1804? If it is missing in image,
> shouldn't it be included by dependencies automatically?
>
> At UbuntuPC python 2.7 is installed:
> python
> Python 2.7.15+ (default, Oct 7 2019, 17:39:04)
> [GCC 7.4.0] on linux2

I mean the host, as that's running code using the host python during the
build.

Try this:

$ python3 -m distutils.sysconfig

If that does nothing then your Python is working.  If it fails then you
need to install the full Python 3 on your machine, not just minimal.

Ross

* Re: [zeus] icu-native-64.2-r0 do_configure: configure failed
@ 2019-10-30 12:11 ` Arno Steffens
From: Arno Steffens @ 2019-10-30 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ross.burton; +Cc: yocto

I use a poky core-image-minimal with some packages added - as for instance strace and valgrind (for armv7a).
Strange - yocto in older versions generates images with valgrind/strace .. without any complaints.
So both PC and image-recipe are same, but in Yocto 2.5 and 2.7 it works, in 3.0 not ?!?

Sorry I am confused, do you mean python is missing in requested image or at host PC with Ubuntu 1804? If it is missing in image,
shouldn't it be included by dependencies automatically?

At UbuntuPC python 2.7 is installed:
python
Python 2.7.15+ (default, Oct 7 2019, 17:39:04)
[GCC 7.4.0] on linux2

Regrads
Arno

* Re: [zeus] icu-native-64.2-r0 do_configure: configure failed
@ 2019-10-30 10:30 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2019-10-30 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 30/10/2019 06:25, star@gmx.li wrote:
> Build of image failed, I got strange and long error messages like:
>
> | from distutils.sysconfig import parse_makefile
> | ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.sysconfig'
> | configure: error: Python failed to run; see above error.

> a) What goes wrong here and how can this be avoid?

distutils.sysconfig is part of the standard Python library.  What
distribution are you using?  It's possible that you've only got a
'minimal' Python installed instead of the full thing.

> b) How do I found which module is responsible. There is nothing about strace/valgrind mentioned in the log. I just had to build all my additional packets of my image manually to find the triggers for this icu-native.

The recipe responsible is icu-native.  Something in your build depends
on this, such as boost-native maybe.

Ross

* [zeus] icu-native-64.2-r0 do_configure: configure failed
@ 2019-10-30  6:25 star
From: star @ 2019-10-30  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Build of image failed, I got strange and long error messages like:

ERROR: icu-native-64.2-r0 do_configure: configure failed
ERROR: icu-native-64.2-r0 do_configure: Execution of '/home/.../tmp/work/x86_64-linux/icu-native/64.2-r0/temp/run.do_configure
| configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-silent-rules, --disable-dependency-tracking
| Not rebuilding data/rules.mk, assuming prebuilt data in data/in
| Spawning Python to generate test/testdata/rules.mk...
| Traceback (most recent call last):
| File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
| "__main__", mod_spec)
| File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
| exec(code, run_globals)
| File "/home/.../tmp/work/x86_64-linux/icu-native/64.2-r0/icu/source/data/buildtool/__main__.py", line 19, in <module>
| import BUILDRULES
| File "/home/.../tmp/work/x86_64-linux/icu-native/64.2-r0/icu/source/test/testdata/BUILDRULES.py", line 4, in <module>
| from distutils.sysconfig import parse_makefile
| ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.sysconfig'
| configure: error: Python failed to run; see above error.
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/home/.../poky/meta/recipes-support/icu/icu_64.2.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1846 tasks of which 1819 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

-----

The messages has been so strange (to me) - couldn't found the trigger for building that. Finally I bitbaked all my image packages manually and found that strace and valgrind triggers this icu-native. So I have two questions:

a) What goes wrong here and how can this be avoid?
b) How do I found which module is responsible. There is nothing about strace/valgrind mentioned in the log. I just had to build all my additional packets of my image manually to find the triggers for this icu-native.

Thank you