* Aw: wg-quick (script snippets) for OpenWRT/LEDE
@ 2018-04-03 16:33 vtol
From: vtol @ 2018-04-03 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

I am a bit slow with the plain text formatting=2E=2E=2E

Traced this https://lists=2Ezx2c4=2Ecom/pipermail/wireguard/2017-January/0=
00935=2Ehtml back from JAN 2017=2E

The BASH package https://github=2Ecom/openwrt/packages/commits/master/util=
s/bash/patches[https://github=2Ecom/openwrt/packages/commits/master/utils/b=
ash/patches] is available in OpenWRT since at least AUG/SEPT 2014 and could=
 be installed as dependency to wg-quick=2E

How to get wg-quick manually installed into (working in) OpenWRT after hav=
ing installed their BASH package?
=C2=A0
=C2=A0

* wg-quick (script snippets) for OpenWRT/LEDE
@ 2018-04-08 20:45 ` ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠
From: ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ @ 2018-04-08 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Since I was explicitly directed to this mailing list I has hoped for=20
some input from the developers or perhaps other users of WG. Thus I am=20
bit at a loss at the scarcity of a response.

* Re: wg-quick (script snippets) for OpenWRT/LEDE
@ 2018-04-13 22:34 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2018-04-13 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello vtol,

OpenWRT has its own robust configuration system, which can do nice
things like avoid circular routing. For that reason, the set of tricks
that wg-quick uses are best avoided on those types of fully-managed
systems. That's why it's not included in the package. Perhaps it
should be, though, for people who would prefer to use quick ad-hoc
VPNs? Have you tried running it with any success?

As mentioned here, you may be able to replace some of the UP/DOWN
hooks with hotplug scripts, or possibly other hooks that are part of
the OpenWRT system. If nobody pipes up here, you might want to ask a
generic question on the OpenWRT list about generally how to execute
scripts on events in relation to network interfaces.

Jason

* Aw: wg-quick (script snippets) for OpenWRT/LEDE
@ 2018-04-03 16:31 vtol
From: vtol @ 2018-04-03 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

* Aw: wg-quick (script snippets) for OpenWRT/LEDE
@ 2018-04-03 15:25 ` vtol
From: vtol @ 2018-04-03 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

remailing in plain text

Hi,

it appears that wg-quick is not provided for OpenWRT/LEDE.

The reason is not really clear to me. As far I understand wg-quick depends on BASH whilst the default shell in OpenWRT/LEDE is ASH.
This however can be easily remidied by installing the BASH package from the OpenWRT/LEDE repo.

OpenWRT/LEDE is utilising netifd for network configuration which is lacking th3 versatility of wg-quick with there script snippets

PRE_UP=( )
POST_UP=( )
PRE_DOWN=( )
POST_DOWN=( )

Is there a way to get those script snippets working in OpenWRT/LEDE as such is required in dynamic/split/kill-switch routing scenarios.

OpenVPN provides a similar script functionality which is however not stripped on the OpenWRT/LEDE repo, respectively it does not require an extra tool package. I find it rather curious that the aforementioned script snippets are not part of wg but rather implemented in wg-quick which then is absent from OpenWRT/LEDE.