* Help with Getting started to Contribute
@ 2015-04-28 13:45 Tummala Dhanvi
From: Tummala Dhanvi @ 2015-04-28 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi ,

I would like to contribute to git.

Can you guys point me to some useful resources to get me started to
contribute to git.

Also does git have something like junior jobs so that It can be done
by new to contribution.

Also searching about the git in google points to some other
organisation which uses git  :(    (well this is because of the
popularity of the git)

* Re: Help with Getting started to Contribute
@ 2015-04-28 14:55 ` karthik nayak
From: karthik nayak @ 2015-04-28 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tummala Dhanvi; +Cc: git

Hello Tummala,

On 04/28/2015 07:15 PM, Tummala Dhanvi wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I would like to contribute to git.
>
> Can you guys point me to some useful resources to get me started to
> contribute to git.

I suggest you go through the Documentation, especially
"Documentation/CodingGuidelines" and "Documentation/SubmittingPatches"
to get an idea of the workflow and guidelines for contributing to Git.

> Also does git have something like junior jobs so that It can be done
> by new to contribution.

All issues and bugs are discussed on the mailing list, so keep going
through the list for potential problems.

There is also Junio's Blog where he keeps a list of things to be done

http://git-blame.blogspot.de/p/leftover-bits.html

You could pick something from there and work on that.

Have Fun.

Regards,
Karthik

@ 2015-04-30 15:43   ` Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2015-04-30 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: karthik nayak; +Cc: Tummala Dhanvi, git

I'd add this: https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/SmallProjectsIdeas

--
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/

* Re: Help with Getting started to Contribute
@ 2015-04-30 16:38     ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2015-04-30 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthieu Moy; +Cc: karthik nayak, Tummala Dhanvi, git

Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy@grenoble-inp.fr> writes:

> karthik nayak <karthik.188@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There is also Junio's Blog where he keeps a list of things to be done
>>
>> http://git-blame.blogspot.de/p/leftover-bits.html
>
> I'd add this: https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/SmallProjectsIdeas

Thanks. I think the latter is much more appropriate as a list of
starter projects.