* Re: 3.0-rc1 the file, 3.0.0-rc1 in makefile, what's correct, whats the internal designation within vmlinuz and the modules ?
@ 2011-05-30  4:16 werner
From: werner @ 2011-05-30  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, rdunlap

The compilation failed because the modules seems to have
the designation 3.0.0-rc1 but the install script is
searching for /lib/modules/3.0-rc1 .  I'll repeat the
compilation calling the .tar.bz and version 3.0.0-rc1 . I
ask me, for what this inconsistency ...

The compilation is full with section missmatches , by
inconsistencies in call parameters. Although this gives no
error message, in the most cases there is any mistake, and
possibly any side-effect on runtime.   In the past,
although reclamations, such problems often were not
repaired.

wl
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru

@ 2011-05-30  3:50 ` Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2011-05-30  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: werner; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sun, 29 May 2011 22:30:40 -0400 werner wrote:

> 3.0-rc1 the file, 3.0.0-rc1 in makefile, what's correct,
> whats the internal designation within vmlinuz and the
> modules ?
> ---

Please read Linus' 3.0-rc1 announcement.

---
~Randy

@ 2011-05-30  2:30 werner