* Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
       [not found] <n2kfc0861611004260035m8d19c57ez38a19dbbe360efe8@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-04-26  7:46 ` Abhishek Sharma
From: Abhishek Sharma @ 2010-04-26  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-users, openembedded-devel

Hello all,

I am building an image for mini2440 which should support Qt embedded
applications. I even made a test recipe of a simple Qt embedded app(namely
"qtehelloworld") and then I wrote the image(namely qtehelloworld-image) as
such:

IMAGE_INSTALL = "qtehelloworld"
IMAGE_BASENAME = "qtehelloworld"
IMAGE_LINGUAS = ""
IMAGE_LOGIN_MANAGER = ""
IMAGE_INIT_MANAGER = ""
IMAGE_INITSCRIPTS = ""
IMAGE_DEV_MANAGER = ""
RDEPENDS = "qte"
DEPENDS = "task-base"
require base-image.bb
inherit image

here qtehelloworld as I mentioned earlier is a simple/sample qte app. Before
deploying to mini2440 I am testing the image for qemu by setting the conf to
MACHINE="qemuarm". But when I run the image, I am unable to find the
"qtehelloworld" app inside the image(to run the app). Kindly tell me, why is
such a thing happening.

Thank You.

--
Abhishek Sharma

* Re: Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
       [not found] <n2kfc0861611004260035m8d19c57ez38a19dbbe360efe8@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-04-26  8:00 ` Abhishek Sharma
From: Abhishek Sharma @ 2010-04-26  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-users, openembedded-devel

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Abhishek Sharma <spyzer.abhishek0@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am building an image for mini2440 which should support Qt embedded
> applications. I even made a test recipe of a simple Qt embedded app(namely
> "qtehelloworld") and then I wrote the image(namely qtehelloworld-image) as
> such:
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL = "qtehelloworld"
> IMAGE_BASENAME = "qtehelloworld"
> IMAGE_LINGUAS = ""
> IMAGE_LOGIN_MANAGER = ""
> IMAGE_INIT_MANAGER = ""
> IMAGE_INITSCRIPTS = ""
> IMAGE_DEV_MANAGER = ""
> RDEPENDS = "qte"
> DEPENDS = "task-base"
> require base-image.bb
> inherit image
>
> here qtehelloworld as I mentioned earlier is a simple/sample qte app.
> Before deploying to mini2440 I am testing the image for qemu by setting the
> conf to MACHINE="qemuarm". But when I run the image, I am unable to find the
> "qtehelloworld" app inside the image(to run the app). Kindly tell me, why is
> such a thing happening.
>
> Thank You.
>
> --
> Abhishek Sharma

Also even if I cannot "make" the qte application to be directly into the
image, then i could atleast do this, that I can create a minimalistic kind
of image(base-image) which has qte libraries but i don't know as to how
should i do it. Kindly help..

* Re: Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
@ 2010-04-26  8:25   ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2010-04-26  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: openembedded-users

* Re: Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
@ 2010-04-26 18:41     ` Abhishek Sharma
From: Abhishek Sharma @ 2010-04-26 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: openembedded-users

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi@student.utwente.nl>wrote:

Thanks for the previous response. I did as suggested, but now the image
built gives this sort of an error.
kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to
kernel

I don't have a clue as to why this is happening, do i need to set something
in my image-recipe or the app-recipe???
Kindly help!!!

Thanks

--

@ 2010-04-26 20:29       ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2010-04-26 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: openembedded-users

* Re: Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
@ 2010-04-28 14:42         ` Abhishek Sharma
From: Abhishek Sharma @ 2010-04-28 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: openembedded-users

On 4/27/10, Koen Kooi <k.kooi@student.utwente.nl> wrote:

It was silly of me to put INIT_SCRIPTS = "" without actually knowing about them.
Now I have changed the image file and it looks like:
require base-image.bb
IMAGE_INSTALL = "qtehelloworld"
IMAGE_BASENAME = "qtehelloworld"
RDEPENDS = "qte"
inherit image

Yet when I buils the image the same init error occurs. I am confused
as to why is that happening?? Since I have used [required
base-image.bb] so init parameters must be set automatically or do i
need to set them manually??
--

@ 2010-04-28 14:49           ` Eric Bénard
From: Eric Bénard @ 2010-04-28 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi,

Le 28/04/2010 16:42, Abhishek Sharma a écrit :
> It was silly of me to put INIT_SCRIPTS = "" without actually knowing about them.
> Now I have changed the image file and it looks like:
> require base-image.bb
> IMAGE_INSTALL = "qtehelloworld"

you need += here, else you replace the content of IMAGE_INSTALL
inherited from base-image by only your app !

Eric

* Re: Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
@ 2010-05-04  7:02             ` Abhishek Sharma
From: Abhishek Sharma @ 2010-05-04  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Eric Bénard <eric@eukrea.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 28/04/2010 16:42, Abhishek Sharma a écrit :
>
>  It was silly of me to put INIT_SCRIPTS = "" without actually knowing about
>> them.
>> Now I have changed the image file and it looks like:
>> require base-image.bb
>> IMAGE_INSTALL = "qtehelloworld"
>>

> you need += here, else you replace the content of IMAGE_INSTALL inherited
> from base-image by only your app !
>
> Eric

I am finished making the image which has a qtehelloworld program "installed"
in it. But the moment I run <qtehelloworld -qws> in the qemu machine i get
the error
QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory /usr/lib/fonts.

I googled the error and in most of the cases it was shown that while
"configuring" qte the prefix variable was not properly set. What step should
i take next?? Do i need to change any recipe of qt embedded or is this some
different problem.

Please Help.
--

@ 2010-05-04  7:15               ` Eric Bénard
From: Eric Bénard @ 2010-05-04  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Le 04/05/2010 09:02, Abhishek Sharma a écrit :
> I am finished making the image which has a qtehelloworld program "installed"
> in it. But the moment I run<qtehelloworld -qws>  in the qemu machine i get
> the error
> QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory /usr/lib/fonts.
>
> I googled the error and in most of the cases it was shown that while
> "configuring" qte the prefix variable was not properly set. What step should
> i take next?? Do i need to change any recipe of qt embedded or is this some
> different problem.

add "qt4-embedded-fonts" to your IMAGE_INSTALL

Eric

* Re: Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
@ 2010-05-06  9:53                 ` Abhishek Sharma
From: Abhishek Sharma @ 2010-05-06  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Eric Bénard <eric@eukrea.com> wrote:

> Le 04/05/2010 09:02, Abhishek Sharma a écrit :
>
>  I am finished making the image which has a qtehelloworld program
>> "installed"
>> in it. But the moment I run<qtehelloworld -qws>  in the qemu machine i get
>> the error
>> QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory /usr/lib/fonts.
>>
>> I googled the error and in most of the cases it was shown that while
>> "configuring" qte the prefix variable was not properly set. What step
>> should
>> i take next?? Do i need to change any recipe of qt embedded or is this
>> some
>> different problem.
>>
>>  add "qt4-embedded-fonts" to your IMAGE_INSTALL
>

> Eric

Thanks for the solution Eric. I was also facing problems regarding tslib,
which u answered on the irc. I did
IMAGE_INSTALL += "qt4-embedded-plugin-mousedriver-tslib"

but still when I am running the qtehelloworld app on the created image in
qemu, everything is being "displayed" fine but the mouse pointer is not
moving when I try it to, in other words the touch screen ain't working with
the image while it works when i try to run a preconfigured opie-image.
Please help.

Thank You.

--

@ 2010-05-06 10:00                   ` Eric Bénard
From: Eric Bénard @ 2010-05-06 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Le 06/05/2010 11:53, Abhishek Sharma a écrit :
> Thanks for the solution Eric. I was also facing problems regarding tslib,
> which u answered on the irc. I did
> IMAGE_INSTALL += "qt4-embedded-plugin-mousedriver-tslib"
>
> but still when I am running the qtehelloworld app on the created image in
> qemu, everything is being "displayed" fine but the mouse pointer is not
> moving when I try it to, in other words the touch screen ain't working with
> the image while it works when i try to run a preconfigured opie-image.

QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib:/dev/input/touchscreen0 qt-app -qws

you will find details here :
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/qt-embedded-envvars.html

Eric

* Re: Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
@ 2010-05-06 10:55                     ` Abhishek Sharma
From: Abhishek Sharma @ 2010-05-06 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Eric Bénard <eric@eukrea.com> wrote:

> Le 06/05/2010 11:53, Abhishek Sharma a écrit :
>
>  Thanks for the solution Eric. I was also facing problems regarding tslib,
>> which u answered on the irc. I did
>> IMAGE_INSTALL += "qt4-embedded-plugin-mousedriver-tslib"
>>
>> but still when I am running the qtehelloworld app on the created image in
>> qemu, everything is being "displayed" fine but the mouse pointer is not
>> moving when I try it to, in other words the touch screen ain't working
>> with
>> the image while it works when i try to run a preconfigured opie-image.
>>

> QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib:/dev/input/touchscreen0 qt-app -qws
>
> you will find details here :
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/qt-embedded-envvars.html
>

> Eric

About the /dev node, there is no such device as /dev/input/touchscreen0, is
it because i am only doing a base-image kind of install???
i set the environment variable which was specified, but no progress.

--

@ 2010-05-06 11:21                       ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2010-05-06 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

* Re: Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
@ 2010-05-07 14:01                         ` Abhishek Sharma
From: Abhishek Sharma @ 2010-05-07 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi@student.utwente.nl> wrote:

Thanks all, the touchscreen device was /dev/event1 and the moment I did ->
export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="Tslib:/dev/event1" and ran the app, it got going.
I am very grateful to you all for the help.
:)
--

@ 2010-05-10 13:43                           ` Abhishek Sharma
From: Abhishek Sharma @ 2010-05-10 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Abhishek Sharma
<spyzer.abhishek0@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi@student.utwente.nl>wrote:

> Thanks all, the touchscreen device was /dev/event1 and the moment I did ->
> export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="Tslib:/dev/event1" and ran the app, it got going.
> I am very grateful to you all for the help.
> :)
> --
> Abhishek Sharma

Hi all.
This was my_customized_image.bb :

   1. require base-image.bb
   2. IMAGE_INSTALL += "qtehelloworld"
   3. IMAGE_INSTALL += "qt4-embedded-fonts"
   4. IMAGE_INSTALL += "qt4-embedded-plugin-mousedriver-tslib"
   5. IMAGE_BASENAME = "qtehelloworld"
   6. RDEPENDS += "qte"
   7. inherit image

Now this one has a size of 64 Mb. I used base-image as a requirement to
install the basic utilities and since I had to run a qt embedded based app
on the machine I also had to include the qte runtime dependencies. Is there
any way so that the image size can be reduced??

Thanks.
--
Abhishek Sharma

* Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.
@ 2010-04-26  7:47 Abhishek Sharma