* [Buildroot] ARM default configuration
@ 2010-04-27  8:25 Alexander Sirotkin
From: Alexander Sirotkin @ 2010-04-27  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

What ARM default configurations are supposed to work ? I tried a few,
including  integrator926_defconfig, but none of them compiled.
Or maybe I do not understand the idea of default configuration. Isn't it
supposed to compile without errors and without asking the user for input ?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] ARM default configuration
@ 2010-04-27 22:39 ` Rob Alley
From: Rob Alley @ 2010-04-27 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

> What ARM default configurations are supposed to work ? I tried a few,
including  integrator926_defconfig, but none of them compiled.
> Or maybe I do not understand the idea of default configuration. Isn't
it supposed to compile without errors and without asking the user for
input ?

I believe they are all **supposed** to work.  The at91sam9260 and
at91sam9g20 defconfigs work for me.  You may still be prompted for user
inputs the first time - buildroot is constantly being updated but the
default configs get left behind, this results in prompting for new
packages etc.

Rob.

* [Buildroot] ARM default configuration
@ 2010-04-28 12:24   ` Alexander Sirotkin
From: Alexander Sirotkin @ 2010-04-28 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Rob Alley <Rob.Alley@navmanwireless.com>wrote:

> > What ARM default configurations are supposed to work ? I tried a few,
> including  integrator926_defconfig, but none of them compiled.
> > Or maybe I do not understand the idea of default configuration. Isn't
> it supposed to compile without errors and without asking the user for
> input ?
>
> I believe they are all **supposed** to work.  The at91sam9260 and
> at91sam9g20 defconfigs work for me.  You may still be prompted for user
> inputs the first time - buildroot is constantly being updated but the
> default configs get left behind, this results in prompting for new
> packages etc.

 at91sam9260dfc_defconfig fails with the following error:
/home/sashas/buildroot-2010.02/output/staging/usr/bin/arm-linux-uclibc-ld:
error
:
/home/sashas/buildroot-2010.02/output/staging/usr/bin-ccache/../lib/gcc/arm-li
nux-uclibc/4.3.4/libgcc.a(_ashrdi3.o) uses hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses
soft
ware FP

@ 2010-04-28 13:28     ` Ravi Kumar Kulkarni
From: Ravi Kumar Kulkarni @ 2010-04-28 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Alexander (Sasha) Sirotkin
<buildroot@browserseal.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Rob Alley <Rob.Alley@navmanwireless.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> > What ARM default configurations are supposed to work ? I tried a few,
>> including ?integrator926_defconfig, but none of them compiled.
>> > Or maybe I do not understand the idea of default configuration. Isn't
>> it supposed to compile without errors and without asking the user for
>> input ?
>>
>> I believe they are all **supposed** to work. ?The at91sam9260 and
>> at91sam9g20 defconfigs work for me. ?You may still be prompted for user
>> inputs the first time - buildroot is constantly being updated but the
>> default configs get left behind, this results in prompting for new
>> packages etc.
>>

> ?at91sam9260dfc_defconfig fails with the following error:
> /home/sashas/buildroot-2010.02/output/staging/usr/bin/arm-linux-uclibc-ld:
> error
> :
> /home/sashas/buildroot-2010.02/output/staging/usr/bin-ccache/../lib/gcc/arm-li
> nux-uclibc/4.3.4/libgcc.a(_ashrdi3.o) uses hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses
> soft
> ware FP

when u make defconfig the toolchain selects hardware floating point by
default . so
so go to  make menuconfig
and select  toolchain->use software floating point by default . tat
will solve problem.
warm regards,
Ravi Kulkarni.

* [Buildroot] ARM default configuration
@ 2010-04-28 17:55       ` Alexander Sirotkin
From: Alexander Sirotkin @ 2010-04-28 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Ravi Kumar Kulkarni
<ravilinux4u@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Alexander (Sasha) Sirotkin
> <buildroot@browserseal.com> wrote:

> >> including  integrator926_defconfig, but none of them compiled.
> >> it supposed to compile without errors and without asking the user for
> >> input ?
> >>
> >> I believe they are all **supposed** to work.  The at91sam9260 and
> >> at91sam9g20 defconfigs work for me.  You may still be prompted for user
> >> inputs the first time - buildroot is constantly being updated but the
> >> default configs get left behind, this results in prompting for new
> >> packages etc.
> >>

> >  at91sam9260dfc_defconfig fails with the following error:
> >
> /home/sashas/buildroot-2010.02/output/staging/usr/bin/arm-linux-uclibc-ld:
> > error
> > :
> >
> /home/sashas/buildroot-2010.02/output/staging/usr/bin-ccache/../lib/gcc/arm-li
> > nux-uclibc/4.3.4/libgcc.a(_ashrdi3.o) uses hardware FP, whereas u-boot
> uses
> > soft
> > ware FP

Thanks. I know how to fix it. I was just trying to make a point that most of
the default configurations do not work.