* git dockerfile.
@ 2015-09-01  9:43 Atul Sowani
From: Atul Sowani @ 2015-09-01  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

Greetings everybody!

I am looking for a Dockerfile for git which will _build_ git from source on
ppc64le platform. I want to build git with different versions (say
top-of-the-tree, latest-stable etc.) and it would be good if there is a
dockerfile present alongwith the code which can build the source
code with minimal changes (or better if there is a dockerfile
available for each released version). This will avoid many incoherent
copies of dockerfile floating around the Net.

I tried to search on Internet but haven't come across any dockerfile
which will build git source. I would highly appreciate if somebody
could point me to a source where such dockerfile is available.

I saw some communication on git mailing list, but so far haven't found
any docker file. If there is no dockerfile available, I am willing to create
one for ppc64le and commit it to git source. Please advise.

Thanks,
Atul.

* Re: git dockerfile.
@ 2015-09-03  8:25 ` Atul Sowani
From: Atul Sowani @ 2015-09-03  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello!

Any help/pointers/advise regarding my request about dockerfile?

Thanks,
Atul.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Atul Sowani <sowani@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Greetings everybody!
>
> I am looking for a Dockerfile for git which will _build_ git from source on
> ppc64le platform. I want to build git with different versions (say
> top-of-the-tree, latest-stable etc.) and it would be good if there is a
> dockerfile present alongwith the code which can build the source
> code with minimal changes (or better if there is a dockerfile
> available for each released version). This will avoid many incoherent
> copies of dockerfile floating around the Net.
>
> I tried to search on Internet but haven't come across any dockerfile
> which will build git source. I would highly appreciate if somebody
> could point me to a source where such dockerfile is available.
>
> I saw some communication on git mailing list, but so far haven't found
> any docker file. If there is no dockerfile available, I am willing to create
> one for ppc64le and commit it to git source. Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Atul.

* Re: git dockerfile.
@ 2015-09-03 15:59   ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2015-09-03 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Atul Sowani; +Cc: git, Gawade P

Atul Sowani <sowani@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Any help/pointers/advise regarding my request about dockerfile?

[jc: "Gawade P" Cc'ed.]

Perhaps you can learn to ask the list archive ;-)

Going to http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/
and then asking for "dockerfile" in the search box at the bottom
finds

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/276504/match=dockerfile

Clicking on the "Subject:" line there would show the article in
context.

* Re: git dockerfile.
@ 2015-09-04  6:33     ` Atul Sowani
From: Atul Sowani @ 2015-09-04  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi Junio,

Thanks for the link. However I had seen this communication but could
not understand the progress over it, i.e. whether Gawade P. ever
submitted the dockerfile or not. Hence the confusion.

I hope Gawade P. has already submitted the dockerfile and it will soon
be available in git source repository after review.

Thanks,
Atul.