* Wither --local
@ 2012-04-25 18:09 David E. Wheeler
From: David E. Wheeler @ 2012-04-25 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Gitsters,

I notice that the usage statement displayed for `git config` mentions --local, but `git help config` does not. Should it? It seems a bit under-documented…

Thanks,

David

* Re: Wither --local
@ 2012-04-25 21:43 ` Jeff King
From: Jeff King @ 2012-04-25 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David E. Wheeler; +Cc: git

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:09:33AM -0700, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> I notice that the usage statement displayed for `git config` mentions
> --local, but `git help config` does not. Should it? It seems a bit
> under-documented…

Yes, it should. Original motivation is here:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/152524

-Peff

* Re: Wither --local
@ 2012-04-26 19:09   ` David E. Wheeler
From: David E. Wheeler @ 2012-04-26 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff King; +Cc: git

On Apr 25, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Jeff King wrote:

>> I notice that the usage statement displayed for `git config` mentions
>> --local, but `git help config` does not. Should it? It seems a bit
>> under-documented…
>
> Yes, it should. Original motivation is here:
>
>  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/152524

Is this thread sufficient to get it on someone's radar, or should there be a ticket somewhere?

Thanks,

David

* Re: Wither --local
@ 2012-04-26 19:25     ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2012-04-26 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David E. Wheeler; +Cc: Jeff King, git

"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:

> Is this thread sufficient to get it on someone's radar, or should
> there be a ticket somewhere?

It's already on _your_ radar, isn't it?