* palinux offline
@ 2014-02-19 17:32 Martin K. Petersen
From: Martin K. Petersen @ 2014-02-19 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-parisc

palinux.external.hp.com has been offline for several days now and mail
to parisc-linux.org has started to bounce as a result. I'm not sure
whether HP finally pulled the plug or what?

I did message T-Bone a few days ago when I noticed my mail queue was
growing but haven't heard back...

* Re: palinux offline
@ 2014-02-19 19:15 ` John David Anglin
From: John David Anglin @ 2014-02-19 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin K. Petersen, linux-parisc

On 2/19/2014 12:32 PM, Martin K. Petersen wrote:
> palinux.external.hp.com has been offline for several days now and mail
> to parisc-linux.org has started to bounce as a result. I'm not sure
> whether HP finally pulled the plug or what?
The machine crashed and may have a hardware problem.  I don't believe HP
pulled the plug.  Brett Johnson of HP has been looking at it.

The plan was to switch to the mirror at ESIEE on March 1.  Probably, now
would be
a good time to switch if Thibaut is available.

Dave

--
John David Anglin    dave.anglin@bell.net

* Re: palinux offline
@ 2014-02-19 19:23   ` Dave Land
From: Dave Land @ 2014-02-19 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John David Anglin, Martin K. Petersen, linux-parisc

On 2/19/14 12:15 PM, John David Anglin wrote:
> On 2/19/2014 12:32 PM, Martin K. Petersen wrote:
>> palinux.external.hp.com has been offline for several days now and mail
>> to parisc-linux.org has started to bounce as a result. I'm not sure
>> whether HP finally pulled the plug or what?
> The machine crashed and may have a hardware problem.  I don't believe HP
> pulled the plug.  Brett Johnson of HP has been looking at it.
>
> The plan was to switch to the mirror at ESIEE on March 1.  Probably, now
> would be
> a good time to switch if Thibaut is available.
>
> Dave

At least I'm not the only one having hardware issues... got my J6750
back online a little while ago after a power supply repair and some
memory re-config. :-)

Dave L.

--
Dave Land
Land Computer Service  xmechanic@landcomp.net

* Re: palinux offline
@ 2014-02-19 19:48   ` Helge Deller
From: Helge Deller @ 2014-02-19 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John David Anglin, Martin K. Petersen, linux-parisc

On 02/19/2014 08:15 PM, John David Anglin wrote:
> On 2/19/2014 12:32 PM, Martin K. Petersen wrote:
>> palinux.external.hp.com has been offline for several days now and mail
>> to parisc-linux.org has started to bounce as a result. I'm not sure
>> whether HP finally pulled the plug or what?
> The machine crashed and may have a hardware problem.  I don't believe HP
> pulled the plug.  Brett Johnson of HP has been looking at it.
>
> The plan was to switch to the mirror at ESIEE on March 1.  Probably, now would be
> a good time to switch if Thibaut is available.

By the way, we are in progress to (hopefully) get the machine hosted at OSUOSL.org.
That the machine might have a problem is currently not good for that plan though.

If the machine arrives at OSUOSL the website and everything will be gone since
I plan to reinstall it with debian unstable and set it up as buildd.
Website is already at https://parisc.wiki.kernel.org/

Helge

* Re: palinux offline
@ 2014-02-20 19:19     ` Martin K. Petersen
From: Martin K. Petersen @ 2014-02-20 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helge Deller; +Cc: John David Anglin, linux-parisc

Helge> That the machine might have a problem is currently not good for
Helge> that plan though.

I still have a J6700 that's up for grabs but it's here in Montreal which
complicates logistics things a bit. And we won't have remote management
like on the old machine.