* Force RAID1 as clean
@ 2004-01-06  2:13 Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2004-01-06  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

Is there a way to forcibly mark a RAID1 as clean?  I know it can be
dangerous, I just don't want to wait for 200GB of scrap to resync.

For some reason, the resync is terribly slow in Linux 2.6.0, only
~1MB/s.  DMA is enabled on all disks and the individual performance of
each disk is normal.  There are no error messages from the kernel.  It
just doesn't seem right.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se

-

* Re: Force RAID1 as clean
@ 2004-01-06 14:39 ` Matthew Simpson
From: Matthew Simpson @ 2004-01-06 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

2.4.18 here and I'm also getting about 1MBs/sec on resynch.  :(

> Is there a way to forcibly mark a RAID1 as clean?  I know it can be
> dangerous, I just don't want to wait for 200GB of scrap to resync.
>
> For some reason, the resync is terribly slow in Linux 2.6.0, only
> ~1MB/s.  DMA is enabled on all disks and the individual performance of
> each disk is normal.  There are no error messages from the kernel.  It
> just doesn't seem right.
>
> --
> Måns Rullgård
> mru@kth.se
>
> -

-

* Re: Force RAID1 as clean
@ 2004-01-06 14:49   ` Thomas Steudten
From: Thomas Steudten @ 2004-01-06 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Simpson, mru, linux-raid

Hi

Do you increment the values in /proc/sys/dev/raid?
(Hope it´s still there in 2.6.x)

Matthew Simpson wrote:

> 2.4.18 here and I'm also getting about 1MBs/sec on resynch.  :(

>>For some reason, the resync is terribly slow in Linux 2.6.0, only
>>~1MB/s.  DMA is enabled on all disks and the individual performance of
>>each disk is normal.  There are no error messages from the kernel.  It
>>just doesn't seem right.

-

* Re: Force RAID1 as clean
@ 2004-01-06 15:21     ` Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2004-01-06 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Steudten; +Cc: Matthew Simpson, linux-raid

Thomas Steudten <alpha@steudten.com> writes:

> Matthew Simpson wrote:
>
>>>For some reason, the resync is terribly slow in Linux 2.6.0, only
>>>~1MB/s.  DMA is enabled on all disks and the individual performance of
>>>each disk is normal.  There are no error messages from the kernel.  It
>>>just doesn't seem right.
>>
>> 2.4.18 here and I'm also getting about 1MBs/sec on resynch.  :(
>
> Do you increment the values in /proc/sys/dev/raid?
> (Hope it's still there in 2.6.x)

I did, and the problem went away.  Now it's 40 MB/s.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se