alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* Xonar DG backports
       [not found] <20140204172108.179e97e9@v1ron-desktop>
@ 2014-03-05  9:43 ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2014-03-05  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roman Volkov; +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi Roman,

I backporting the bugfixes in your patches to the stable kernels.
However, I'm unable to see what was changed to enable the headphone
outputs.  What particular thing did the old driver wrong?

Regards,
Clemens

* Re: Xonar DG backports
@ 2014-03-05 10:30   ` Roman Volkov
From: Roman Volkov @ 2014-03-05 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clemens Ladisch; +Cc: alsa-devel

В Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:43:42 +0100
Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de> пишет:

> Hi Roman,
>
> I backporting the bugfixes in your patches to the stable kernels.
> However, I'm unable to see what was changed to enable the headphone
> outputs.  What particular thing did the old driver wrong?
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

Hi Clemens,

The most important thing was to switch the capture input to the I2S
channel 1 (The patch #13). Read the CS4245 datasheet carefully:
4.11
"The MUTEC pin becomes active during power-up initialization, reset, and
muting if the MCLK2 to LRCK2 ratio is incorrect in Asynchronous Mode or
the MCLK1 to LRCK2 ratio is incorrect in Synchronous Mode, and during
power-down."

Also there was other minor fixes. I had problems when I wrote
values to the CS4245 SPI memory at the starting point (had no any
effect), and I rewrote the SPI communication functions. Was there any
bug or the CS4245 was just muted - I can't exactly recall.

--
Kind regards,
Roman Volkov,