alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* Low volume with chtmax98090 (Toshiba Chromebook 2/Swanky)
       [not found] <1597033583603136063-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2020-08-10  4:26 ` GitHub issues - opened
From: GitHub issues - opened @ 2020-08-10  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #45 was opened from reanimus:

It looks like the UCM configuration for this board is the Chromebook Asus C300 one, but the volume levels set by default are far too low. It looks like when Pulseaudio loads on my system, it follows the initialization steps and results in a really low volume, as the Speaker is set to 27/100 and one must manually set the alsamixer levels to fix it. I could have a periodic task reload the volume state, but I find it better to override the UCM configuration manually and tell my package manager to ignore changes to that file during upgrade.

Naturally, this is a bit of a nasty solution. It'd be nice to have an upstream fix in case other stuff is changed for this.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/45
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf

* Low volume with chtmax98090 (Toshiba Chromebook 2/Swanky)
       [not found] <1597034008999078035-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2020-08-10  4:33 ` GitHub issues - edited
From: GitHub issues - edited @ 2020-08-10  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #45 was edited from reanimus:

It looks like the UCM configuration for this board is the Chromebook Asus C300 one, but the volume levels set by default are far too low. It looks like when Pulseaudio loads on my system, it follows the initialization steps and results in a really low volume, as the Speaker is set to 27/100 and one must manually set the alsamixer levels to fix it. I could have a periodic task reload the volume state, but I find it better to override the UCM configuration manually and tell my package manager to ignore changes to that file during upgrade.

FWIW, my fix is to modify ucm2/codecs/max98090/EnableSeq.conf and change
```
	cset "name='Headphone Volume' 10"
	cset "name='Speaker Volume' 10"
```