alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* Move the call to expand variables and expressions
       [not found] <1639262637229935884-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-12-11 22:44 ` GitHub pull_request - opened
From: GitHub pull_request - opened @ 2021-12-11 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-utils pull request #127 was opened from ranj063:

With the addition of the math expression evaluator in alsa-lib, we can use it to evaluate simple math expresionns for objects attribute values based on other attributes.

For example to calculate the size attribute in buffer objects:
size	"$[$[$[$periods * $sample_size] * $channels] * $[$[$rate * $period]]] / 1000000"

The size attribute value will be computed from the values for the periods, sample_size, channels, rate and period attribute values set in the buffer object.

Request URL   : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/127
Patch URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/127.patch
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils

* Move the call to expand variables and expressions
       [not found] <1639324030376167059-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-12-12 15:47 ` GitHub pull_request - edited
From: GitHub pull_request - edited @ 2021-12-12 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-utils pull request #127 was edited from ranj063:

With the addition of the math expression evaluator in alsa-lib, we can use it to evaluate simple math expresionns for objects attribute values based on other attributes.

For ex: we can set the expression for buffer size as follows:

buffer_size "$[($in_channels * 48) * 4]"

The buffer_size attribute value will be computed with the attribute value "in_channels" based on the expression above. So if $in_channels = 2, buffer_size will be evaluated to 384.

       [not found] <1639323807501960993-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-12-12 15:43 ` GitHub pull_request - edited