alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* [question] ASoC: max98088: questions about dai2 usage
@ 2023-04-12  9:21 Philip-Dylan Gleonec
From: Philip-Dylan Gleonec @ 2023-04-12  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello,

I'm currently working with a max98089 codec but could not reach the
module authors.

I'm currently trying to add routes from DAI2 to DAI1 through the LBEN2
multiplexer on the chip. My goal is to route data from a digital
microphone to the SoC connected to DAI1.

I've noticed that the driver already implements a route from DAI2 to the
DAC. I've tried re-using the DACL2 and DACR2 widgets to route them
through a DAPM mux, with no success. I noticed that other codecs use
DAPM_AIFIN/OUT widgets for I2S in/out, but the max98089 does not.
Should I use such widgets to implement the route ? Are they necessary to
implement a codec-to-codec (max98089 <-> microphone) link ?

In regards to the device tree, do you have examples using both the codec
DAI1 and DAI2 ?

Thanks for your support, and apologies if I misdirected this mail.

Philip-Dylan Gleonec
Consultant en logiciel libre / Ingénieur systèmes embarqués | Rennes, Fr
(+33) 9 72 46 89 80 <tel:+14185257354>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-04-12  9:23 UTC | newest]