alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* configuring usb 2.0 audio gadget correctly via configfs?
@ 2020-12-29 15:22 Bert Schiettecatte
From: Bert Schiettecatte @ 2020-12-29 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi all

I am using kernel 5.9 stable and I'm trying to configure the usb 2.0
audio gadget correctly so my device shows up as an audio interface
when I plug it into my PC or Mac. I previously was on 4.11 and had a
bunch of hacks I applied to the uac2 driver which worked fine, but a
lot has changed since then and I'm wondering if by now the gadget
works correctly out of the box, so I don't have to apply my hacks
anymore.

I'm configuring the device using configfs and that works fine, but
when I plug it into my Mac I just see zero channels and the device
name is capture or playback inactive.

Anyway, just wanted to know what the current state of things is
regarding the gadget driver and alsa.

Thanks
Bert

* Re: configuring usb 2.0 audio gadget correctly via configfs?
@ 2020-12-30  7:57 ` Pavel Hofman
From: Pavel Hofman @ 2020-12-30  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bert Schiettecatte, alsa-devel

Dne 29. 12. 20 v 16:22 Bert Schiettecatte napsal(a):
> Hi all
>

> Anyway, just wanted to know what the current state of things is
> regarding the gadget driver and alsa.

Hi Bert,

is where the gadget development mostly takes place. There were a number
of patches recently, most of them not included upstream yet.The
f_uac2/g_audio gadget is receiving attention and development effort.

Best regards,

Pavel.