alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* HDA jack retask for Debian 7.4 NOT working
@ 2014-03-11  6:55 Subodh Chiwate
From: Subodh Chiwate @ 2014-03-11  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to get surround 7.1 on debian 7.4 Wheezy.
As guided by hda-jack-retask readme I built it from source on my system.
But the changes are not reflecting and no errors by utility as well.

I am getting Alsa 1.0.25 from the repository.
Do I need to build the latest version from source to get hdajackretask as
part of alsa-tools ?
Any other suggestions to get the 7.1 working are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

--
Regards
Subodh

* Re: HDA jack retask for Debian 7.4 NOT working
@ 2014-03-11 11:25 ` Raymond Yau
From: Raymond Yau @ 2014-03-11 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I am trying to get surround 7.1 on debian 7.4 Wheezy.
> As guided by hda-jack-retask readme I built it from source on my system.
> But the changes are not reflecting and no errors by utility as well.
>
> I am getting Alsa 1.0.25 from the repository.

You need alsa driver 1.0.27 or later which hda driver use auto generic
parser instead of using static quirk if you need retasking headphone to
side line out

> Do I need to build the latest version from source to get hdajackretask as
part of alsa-tools ?
> Any other suggestions to get the 7.1 working are welcome.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/tree/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt

hdajackretask just a GUI program to create a firmware file for fixup pincfg
by early patching

* Re: HDA jack retask for Debian 7.4 NOT working
@ 2014-03-12  7:12   ` Subodh Chiwate
From: Subodh Chiwate @ 2014-03-12  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

As suggested, I installed the latest drivers for my sound card from vendor
and the jack reroute changes did take effect.
Thanks a lot.

--
Regards
Subodh