alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* Real-time audio over local network with good quality
@ 2016-03-31 18:52 Ricardo Biehl
From: Ricardo Biehl @ 2016-03-31 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello guys! I'm sorry if this mail is not part of the scope of this list :-(

I've come from the kernelnewbies mailing list with the same subject as
following ...

I'm working on a project which aims to be a microphone system that
will work over local network <https://github.com/ricardobiehl/ipmic>.
So I've found many difficulties in ALSA library and Linux Network.
Basically, I need help to make my software get low latency and high
quality audio :-) .

When I said "high quality audio" I'm referring to (1channel * 16bit
sample * 22050Hz) without noise. And "low latency" is about to 0.1
second or less.

Any contribution with the project is welcome!

Thank you a lot!

--
Ricardo Biehl Pasquali

* Re: Real-time audio over local network with good quality
@ 2016-04-05 15:47 ` Caleb Crome
From: Caleb Crome @ 2016-04-05 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Biehl; +Cc: alsa-devel

What software is running on the microphone?  If it's linux, you can use
netjack, or perhaps pulseaudio too.  I'm not familiar with pulse though.

-Caleb

@ 2016-04-09 22:07   ` Ricardo Biehl
From: Ricardo Biehl @ 2016-04-09 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caleb Crome; +Cc: alsa-devel

> What software is running on the microphone?  If it's linux, you can use
> netjack, or perhaps pulseaudio too.  I'm not familiar with pulse though.

Yes, is Linux.
I'll look about netjack! Thank you :-)

Cheers!

> -Caleb
>

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Ricardo Biehl <rbpoficial@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello guys! I'm sorry if this mail is not part of the scope of this list
>> :-(
>>
>> I've come from the kernelnewbies mailing list with the same subject as
>> following ...
>>
>> I'm working on a project which aims to be a microphone system that
>> will work over local network <https://github.com/ricardobiehl/ipmic>.
>> So I've found many difficulties in ALSA library and Linux Network.
>> Basically, I need help to make my software get low latency and high
>> quality audio :-) .
>>
>> When I said "high quality audio" I'm referring to (1channel * 16bit
>> sample * 22050Hz) without noise. And "low latency" is about to 0.1
>> second or less.
>>
>> Any contribution with the project is welcome!
>>
>> Thank you a lot!
>>
>> --
>> Ricardo Biehl Pasquali

Ricardo Biehl Pasquali