alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* [alsa-devel] Integrating Texes Instruments PCM1860 ADC
@ 2019-12-03 21:12 Umar Dockrat
From: Umar Dockrat @ 2019-12-03 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Good Day,

I have been struggling with the integration of a PCM1860 ADC for audio
recording. I have created a "sound card" board that contains both a
PCM5102A (DAC) and PCM1860 (ADC).

The main processor is an Omega Onion 2 which is based on MediaTek MT7688
SoC device.

I am struggling with creating the device tree as the Kernel currently has
reference to the PCM186X where X is 2,3,4 or 5 but not the more simple
PCM1860. The difference between the PCM1860 and the PCM186X is that the
PCM1860 does not have I2C control and is HW configured using pull up/down.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/pcm186x.txt

I have tried multiple device tree setup's and have only got the DAC working
when configured in isolation, as soon as I add any reference to the ADC
then both DAC and ADC are not recognised.

This DTSI allows the DAC to function
https://pastebin.com/z9H67DHd

There are my attempts at including the DAC and ADC:
https://pastebin.com/RLsKNsiR
https://pastebin.com/rmJVcCz1

Please can someone assist with the correct way to integrate this ADC
device?
Any suggestions on how to properly debug this further is also really
appreciated.

Thanks,
UFD

* [alsa-devel] Integrating Texes Instruments PCM1860 ADC
@ 2019-12-02 20:29 Umar Dockrat