ath10k.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Getting ATH10K to work with Linksys WUSB6100M
@ 2016-11-10 23:56 Johan Lindström
From: Johan Lindström @ 2016-11-10 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath10k

This device is running \x16QCA9377 chipset with the usb.id 13b1:0042

Any ideas on how to add this device to the working devices? Does ath10k even work with USB devices?

See info: http://askubuntu.com/questions/799104/linksys-wusb6100m

* Re: Getting ATH10K to work with Linksys WUSB6100M
@ 2016-11-14 11:40 ` Michal Kazior
From: Michal Kazior @ 2016-11-14 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Lindström; +Cc: ath10k

On 11 November 2016 at 00:56, Johan Lindström
<johan.von.lindstrom@gmail.com> wrote:
> This device is running  QCA9377 chipset with the usb.id 13b1:0042
>
> Any ideas on how to add this device to the working devices? Does ath10k even work with USB devices?
>
> See info: http://askubuntu.com/questions/799104/linksys-wusb6100m

USB transport is not implemented in ath10k. Adding it will require a
slight HTC/HTT rework and implementing the transport code itself. I'm
pretty sure qcacld[1] can used as reference.

[1]: https://github.com/sktjdgns1189/qcacld-2.0/tree/master/CORE/SERVICES/HIF/USB

Michał

* Re: Getting ATH10K to work with Linksys WUSB6100M
@ 2016-11-15 10:41   ` Johan Lindström
From: Johan Lindström @ 2016-11-15 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Kazior; +Cc: ath10k

> 14 nov. 2016 kl. 12:40 wrote Michal Kazior <michal.kazior@tieto.com>:
>
> On 11 November 2016 at 00:56, Johan Lindström
> <johan.von.lindstrom@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This device is running  QCA9377 chipset with the usb.id 13b1:0042
>>
>> Any ideas on how to add this device to the working devices? Does ath10k even work with USB devices?
>>
>> See info: http://askubuntu.com/questions/799104/linksys-wusb6100m

> USB transport is not implemented in ath10k. Adding it will require a
> slight HTC/HTT rework and implementing the transport code itself. I'm
> pretty sure qcacld[1] can used as reference.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/sktjdgns1189/qcacld-2.0/tree/master/CORE/SERVICES/HIF/USB
>

> Michał

Anyone up for this? I myself have not done anything close to this.

Johan

* Re: Getting ATH10K to work with Linksys WUSB6100M
@ 2016-11-15 12:47     ` Michal Kazior
From: Michal Kazior @ 2016-11-15 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Lindström; +Cc: ath10k

On 15 November 2016 at 11:41, Johan Lindström
<johan.von.lindstrom@gmail.com> wrote:

>> 14 nov. 2016 kl. 12:40 wrote Michal Kazior <michal.kazior@tieto.com>:
>>
>> On 11 November 2016 at 00:56, Johan Lindström
>> <johan.von.lindstrom@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This device is running  QCA9377 chipset with the usb.id 13b1:0042
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how to add this device to the working devices? Does ath10k even work with USB devices?
>>>
>>> See info: http://askubuntu.com/questions/799104/linksys-wusb6100m
>
>> USB transport is not implemented in ath10k. Adding it will require a
>> slight HTC/HTT rework and implementing the transport code itself. I'm
>> pretty sure qcacld[1] can used as reference.
>>
>> [1]: https://github.com/sktjdgns1189/qcacld-2.0/tree/master/CORE/SERVICES/HIF/USB
>>

>> Michał
>
> Anyone up for this? I myself have not done anything close to this.

I'm not aware of anyone working on this.

Eric Stromdahl is currently working on adding SDIO support. This
requires HTC/HTT rework for the so called "high latency" devices. Both
SDIO and USB are considered such hence adding USB support will become
easier once Eric completes his SDIO work.

Michał