ath9k-devel.lists.ath9k.org archive mirror
* [ath9k-devel] virtual interface with multiple channels in ath9k
@ 2016-09-14 16:58 Hui Yang
From: Hui Yang @ 2016-09-14 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi.
I want to do an experiment using virtual interfaces to connect multiple
wireless channel. But I can only connect to the same channel.

I find the ath9k driver supported multiple channel in the past from this
http://osdir.com/ml/linux-wireless/2009-03/msg00090.html.

But I can not get the past source code of ath9k.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] virtual interface with multiple channels in ath9k
@ 2016-09-14 17:16 ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2016-09-14 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On 09/14/2016 09:58 AM, Hui Yang wrote:
> Hi.
> I want to do an experiment using virtual interfaces to connect multiple wireless channel. But I can only connect to the same channel.
>
> I find the ath9k driver supported multiple channel in the past from this http://osdir.com/ml/linux-wireless/2009-03/msg00090.html.
>
> But I can not get the past source code of ath9k.

It is unlikely to work well at all since the radio can only listen on one
channel at a time.

Old source code is in the linux git repo, so you can dig it out of there if you
spend some time.

Thanks,
Ben

--