ath9k-devel.lists.ath9k.org archive mirror
* [ath9k-devel] How to send corrupted packet using FCS/CRC ?
@ 2016-08-23 13:02 SangHyuk Kim
From: SangHyuk Kim @ 2016-08-23 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi all,

I have tried to send corrupted packet using FCS/CRC.
I'm using ath9k-ar9003 driver and I inserted AR_CorruptFCS to ar9003_mac.c.
Also I made a switch which decides whether FCS corrupt or not using TOS
value in IP header.

I have two main problems.

*#1. How to send FCS corrupted packet to air ?*
I tested it in TCP/IP socket communication and the results are :

1) Normal packet (non-FCS corrupt) is arrived at RX
2) Corrupt packet (FCS corrupt) is NOT shown at RX

I think when I corrupt FCS, network driver discards it until FCS be right
so corrupted packet can't be sent at TX
However, I don't know how can I fake FCS value at TX.

*#2. How can I see all the packets using wireshark monitor mode ?*
To observe packet status, I use wireshark by monitor mode.
When TX machine does something using web-browser, these can be shown on
wireshark as TCP things.
However, when TX machine sends to RX thing using TCP/IP socket program,
these are shown intermittenly.
Why all packets are not be shown on wireshark ?
Am I missing something ?

Please give any advice.
Thanks.