ath9k-devel.lists.ath9k.org archive mirror
* [ath9k-devel] setting retry in header
@ 2016-07-04  6:18 Paul
From: Paul @ 2016-07-04  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi,

I realise it is quite an old thread, but I have this exact issue
of retry packets when injecting seen here:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.ath9k.devel/14872.

I'd just like to know if this requires the driver to be patched or if it is
something that can be passed in through the header while injecting the
packet? I'm creating a beacon packet, but it is sending 9 retries with each
packet.

I found an example packet injector script
(https://gist.github.com/jonhoo/7780260#file-packet-generator-cpp-L117)
that mentioned building the radio tap header with 2 extra bytes (0x80,0x00)
on the end to turn ack off. I tried this, but the retries still come
through.

A bit of further digging and I realised the retries was an additional flag
that needed to be included in the present flags bitmap. So I tried the
below setting the retry flag to 0. But that didn't work either.

This is the header I'm currently sending

0x00,0x00,            //revision
0x13,0x00,            //size
0x2e,0x48,0x80,0x00,  //bitmap of flags included
0x00,                 //flags
0x02,                 //rate
0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,  //channel
0x00,                 //signal
0x00,                 //antenna
0x00,0x00,            //RX flags
0x00                  //retries

If anyone could lend a bit if assistance or more detail on how to implement
this without patching the driver it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Paul

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-07-04  6:18 UTC | newest]