b.a.t.m.a.n.lists.open-mesh.org archive mirror
* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] batman-adv 2011.1.0 network interface setup
@ 2011-06-27  7:48 Max Ip
From: Max Ip @ 2011-06-27  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

Hi all,

I setup the virtual interface bat0 which embeds wlan0 for my system.
As described in the batman-adv README file, I did

# insmod batman-adv.ko and
# echo bat0 > /sys/class/net/wlan0/batman_adv/mesh_iface

I can thus enable bat0 interface and start the batman-adv protocol in
multihop environment.

However, when I restart the computer, I need to again load the kernel
module and start the process from beginning.

I would like to run bat0 interface directly after restarting the
computer (like we have it for wlan0 or eth0)

Could you please help me how do I do this?

Thanks in advance

Max

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] batman-adv 2011.1.0 network interface setup
@ 2011-06-27  8:15 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2011-06-27  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Max Ip