b.a.t.m.a.n.lists.open-mesh.org archive mirror
* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] question about VIS servera
       [not found] <625466031.231607000.1391591065485.JavaMail.root@spooler5n-g27.priv.proxad.net>
@ 2014-02-05  9:06 ` michael.holcman1
From: michael.holcman1 @ 2014-02-05  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b a t m a n

Hello,
I tried to configure the vis server. All is ok but i can't see the mesh network with the tool s3d (i installed the last version).
I try to test batmand.
Is there a bug ?
Is there an another graphics server to see the global mesh ?

Thank's for your answer.

Michael.

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] question about VIS servera
@ 2014-02-06 15:52   ` Simon Wunderlich
From: Simon Wunderlich @ 2014-02-06 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: michael.holcman1

Hi Michael,

> Hello,
> I tried to configure the vis server. All is ok but i can't see the mesh
> network with the tool s3d (i installed the last version). I try to test
> batmand.

batmand is still officially maintained, although there is no development going
on anymore. For the vis server of (layer 3) batmand, this software is not
maintained anymore. You could consider switching to batman-adv + alfred +
batadv-vis.

Also please note that you need the tool meshs3d running along with s3d. s3d is
just a 3d display server, like for example your X server. You need an
application to feed graphical data.

> Is there a bug ?

We can't exclude or confirm that from your report.

> Is there an another graphics server to see the global mesh ?

Since the various vis versions all output graphviz data, you can also use
graphviz tools like dot or circo to print 2d maps of your mesh. That won't be
that pretty though, I'm afraid. :)

Cheers,
    Simon

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] question about VIS servera
@ 2014-02-08 15:34     ` Elektra
From: Elektra @ 2014-02-08 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

Hi -

> > Is there a bug ?
>
> We can't exclude or confirm that from your report.

batmand + vis have been used by the Villagetelco community, I'm not assumming a basic bug there.

Cheers,
Elektra

* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Question about batman adv
@ 2014-02-27 12:20   ` michael.holcman1
From: michael.holcman1 @ 2014-02-27 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b a t m a n

Hello,
1) I can't creat the 2 files:
 cat /sys/kernel/debug/batman_adv/bat0/log
echo 2 > /sys/class/net/bat0/mesh/log_level

then when i write this line, i have the result:
sudo batctl log
Error - can't open file '/sys/kernel/debug//batman_adv/bat0/log': No such file or directory
To read the debug log you need to compile the module with debugging enabled (see the README)

WWW@ubuntu:~$ sudo batctl ll
Error - can't open file '/sys/class/net/bat0/mesh/log_level': No such file or directory
To increase the log level you need to compile the module with debugging enabled (see the README)

How can i compile it ?

2) The MTU = 1528 is not need to be set on the computer ?

3) How can i lauch batman-adv in debug mode to see all node ?

thank's for your reply,

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Question about batman adv
@ 2014-02-27 13:12     ` Simon Wunderlich
From: Simon Wunderlich @ 2014-02-27 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

Hi,

> Hello,
> 1) I can't creat the 2 files:
>  cat /sys/kernel/debug/batman_adv/bat0/log
> echo 2 > /sys/class/net/bat0/mesh/log_level
>
> then when i write this line, i have the result:
> sudo batctl log
> Error - can't open file '/sys/kernel/debug//batman_adv/bat0/log': No such
> file or directory To read the debug log you need to compile the module
> with debugging enabled (see the README)
>
> WWW@ubuntu:~$ sudo batctl ll
> Error - can't open file '/sys/class/net/bat0/mesh/log_level': No such file
> or directory To increase the log level you need to compile the module with
> debugging enabled (see the README)
>
> How can i compile it ?

Read the README, it's documented there.

> 2) The MTU = 1528 is not need to be set on the computer ?

No, batman-adv can also fragment the packets for you. But it's a good idea to
set this MTU value to the hard interface used by batman-adv.

> 3) How can i lauch batman-adv in debug mode to see all node ?

There is no such thing as debug mode. Compile batman-adv with debug turned on
(either set CONFIG_BATMAN_ADV_DEBUG=y in the Makefile if you compile the module
externally or select debug in "make menuconfig" when using the module from the
in-kernel tree).

You can "see" other nodes e.g. by using "batctl o", which will print the local
originator table.

The quick-start guide might also point you to a view interesting things:

http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Quick-start-guide

Cheers,
     Simon