b.a.t.m.a.n.lists.open-mesh.org archive mirror
* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] use_count = 1 / device stuck on reboot or netifd restart
@ 2015-02-25  2:47 Ufo
From: Ufo @ 2015-02-25  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

in leipzig since months we have problems with batman-adv and these
start/stop scripts or netifd-stuff.

we thought that this might be our own special problem, because we are
using more than one batman-adv instance (separated by vlan).

but its still there, also on openwrt-cc-trunk, now also on our
batman-adv super-gluon-node-servers (using fastd) on virtualized
x86-openwrt.
so f.i. i can crash that system in a way by: etc/init.d/fastd stop

please help us and have a look at our local ticket number 23
https://github.com/freifunk/firmware-leipzig/issues/23

good luck
ufo

root@vpnb9:~# batctl -v
batctl 2014.4.0 [batman-adv: 2014.4.0]
root@vpnb9:~# fastd -v
fastd v17
root@vpnb9:~# cat /etc/openwrt_*
DISTRIB_ID='OpenWrt'
DISTRIB_RELEASE='Bleeding Edge'
DISTRIB_REVISION='r44497'
DISTRIB_CODENAME='chaos_calmer'
DISTRIB_TARGET='x86/kvm_guest'
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION='OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44497'
DISTRIB_TAINTS=''
r44497

--
---
Freifunk Leipzig http://leipzig.freifunk.net

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] use_count = 1 / device stuck on reboot or netifd restart
@ 2015-02-25  8:51 ` Marek Lindner
From: Marek Lindner @ 2015-02-25  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n