b.a.t.m.a.n.lists.open-mesh.org archive mirror
* A few questions on BATMAN Adv design choice and it's comparison to Babel routing protocol .
@ 2021-02-13 10:07 Tushar Malpani
From: Tushar Malpani @ 2021-02-13 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Just a few questions regarding BATMAN Routing protocol.

What is the difference between BATMAN Adv and babel routing protocols.
Why use one over the other and why does babel scales over a thousand
nodes whereas BATMAN Adv has trouble doing that?

And more of a general question about the design choice of BATMAN Adv,
Why go layer 2?(I read the article where present in open-mesh but
still it isn't very clear to main. What advantages do we have going
layer 2 ?)

* Re: BATMAN Adv design choice and comparison to Babel routing protocol
@ 2021-02-13 11:20 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2021-02-13 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Tushar Malpani