bitbake-devel.lists.openembedded.org archive mirror
* Disable Reproducible Build - reg
       [not found] <141358386.90607893.1621323974188.JavaMail.zimbra@jasmin-infotech.com>
@ 2021-05-18  7:50 ` Daniel Selvan
From: Daniel Selvan @ 2021-05-18  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky, bitbake-devel

I wonder how to disable the Yocto reproducible builds, since it is enabled by default now ( https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#migration-3.1-reproducible-builds ).

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Daniel Selvan D.

Senior Systems Engineer | Jasmin Infotech

+91 9445556596

* Re: [bitbake-devel] Disable Reproducible Build - reg
@ 2021-05-18  7:56   ` Konrad Weihmann
From: Konrad Weihmann @ 2021-05-18  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Selvan, poky, bitbake-devel

You could either create a distro configuration of your own (one that
doesn't inherit the poky.conf) or set `BUILD_REPRODUCIBLE_BINARIES` to
`0` to reduce the impact of the inherited reproducible_build class

On 18.05.21 09:50, Daniel Selvan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder how to disable the Yocto reproducible builds, since it is
> enabled by default now
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#migration-3.1-reproducible-builds
> <https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#migration-3.1-reproducible-builds>).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Daniel Selvan D.
>
> Senior Systems Engineer*|* Jasmin Infotech
> <http://www.jasmin-infotech.com/the-company/contact-us/>
>
> *+91 9445556596 <callto:9445556596>*
>
> --
>
> P Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>

> Information in this email is proprietary and Confidential to Jasmin
> Infotech Pvt. Ltd. Any use, copying or dissemination of the information
> in any manner without prior approval, is strictly prohibited. If you are
> not the intended recipient, please destroy the message and please inform
> to us..

* Re: [bitbake-devel] Disable Reproducible Build - reg
@ 2021-05-18  7:59     ` Daniel Selvan
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Daniel Selvan @ 2021-05-18  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konrad Weihmann; +Cc: poky, bitbake-devel

Hi,

I already added the line "BUILD_REPRODUCIBLE_BINARIES = '0'" in by local.conf yet if I try to add __DATE__ I get the following error: "error: macro "__DATE__" might prevent reproducible builds [-Werror=date-time]"

Can you comment on this?

Kind regards,

Daniel Selvan D.

@ 2021-05-18  8:05       ` Konrad Weihmann
From: Konrad Weihmann @ 2021-05-18  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel D; +Cc: poky, bitbake-devel

On 18.05.21 09:59, Daniel D wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already added the line "BUILD_REPRODUCIBLE_BINARIES = '0'" in by local.conf yet if I try to add __DATE__ I get the following error: "error: macro "__DATE__" might prevent reproducible builds [-Werror=date-time]"
>
> Can you comment on this?

That should be handled in the recipe scope I think, by adding something
like `CFLAGS += "-Wno-error=date-time"` (assuming this is C code we are
talking about)

@ 2021-05-18 11:55       ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2021-05-18 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Selvan; +Cc: Konrad Weihmann, poky, bitbake-devel

That error isn't caused by Yocto, so you'll have to work on the source
of the recipe that is failing.

Ross

@ 2021-05-18 16:12       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-05-18 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Selvan, Konrad Weihmann; +Cc: poky, bitbake-devel

On 5/18/21 12:59 AM, Daniel Selvan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already added the line "BUILD_REPRODUCIBLE_BINARIES = '0'" in by local.conf yet if I try to add __DATE__ I get the following error: "error: macro "__DATE__" might prevent reproducible builds [-Werror=date-time]"
>
> Can you comment on this?

we internally enabled this option via adding it to TARGET_CC_ARCH in
meta/classes/reproducible_build.bbclass

TARGET_CC_ARCH_append_class-target = " -Wdate-time"

perhaps change it to

TARGET_CC_ARCH_append_class-target =
"${@oe.utils.ifelse(d.getVar('BUILD_REPRODUCIBLE_BINARIES') == '1', '
-Wdate-time', '')}
"

would you mind testing it out ? and if it works for you then send a
patch to oe-core