bpf.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues - update
       [not found] <a293684f-4ab6-51af-60b1-caf4eb97ff05@linuxfoundation.org>
@ 2019-10-03 14:30 ` shuah
From: shuah @ 2019-10-03 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuah Khan, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK
	open list:GPIO SUBSYSTEM, bgolaszewski, Daniel Borkmann, bpf,
	Networking, shuah

On 9/26/19 11:41 AM, Shuah Khan wrote:
> Here are the know kselftest issues on Linux 5.4 with
> top commit commit 619e17cf75dd58905aa67ccd494a6ba5f19d6cc6
> on x86_64:
>
> The goal is to get these addressed before 5.4 comes out.

All of these issues are now fixed, except the bpf llvm dependency.
These fixes should all be in linux-next if they haven't already.

> 3 build failures and status:
>
> pidfd - undefined reference to `pthread_create' collect2: error: ld
> returned 1 exit status
>
> Fixed: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11159517/

In

> bfp (two issues)
>
> 1. "make TARGETS=bpf kselftest" build fails
> Makefile:127: tools/build/Makefile.include: No such file or directory

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11163601/
In bpf fixes tree

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11163603/

> This is due to recent kbuild changes and I have a patch ready to send.
>
> kvm
>
> "make TARGETS=kvm kselftest" build fails due --no-pie flags.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11171893/

I haven't found any new ones on x86_64 as of 5.4-rc1

thanks,
-- Shuah

* Re: Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues - update
@ 2019-10-04  9:43   ` Christian Brauner
From: Christian Brauner @ 2019-10-04  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shuah
  Cc: Shuah Khan, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, kvm, Paolo Bonzini,

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 08:30:55AM -0600, shuah wrote:
> On 9/26/19 11:41 AM, Shuah Khan wrote:
> > Here are the know kselftest issues on Linux 5.4 with
> > top commit commit 619e17cf75dd58905aa67ccd494a6ba5f19d6cc6
> > on x86_64:
> >
> > The goal is to get these addressed before 5.4 comes out.
>
> All of these issues are now fixed, except the bpf llvm dependency.
> These fixes should all be in linux-next if they haven't already.
>

> > 3 build failures and status:
> >
> > pidfd - undefined reference to `pthread_create' collect2: error: ld
> > returned 1 exit status
> >
> > Fixed: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11159517/

This commit is included in the following pr which I sent just now:
https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191004093947.14471-1-christian.brauner@ubuntu.com

Thanks!
Christian