bpf.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* bpf mailing list archive
@ 2021-11-24 17:38 Vincent Li
From: Vincent Li @ 2021-11-24 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bpf

Hi,

I find it hard read bpf mailing list archive from
https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/, I don't have specific old email archive
subject to read, just want to read some random old bpf email for
learning, had to click older/next at the bottom of page, can't go back
in specific month/year range, is it possible to archive the bpf
mailing list in https://marc.info/, I find it useful :)

Regards,

Vincent

* Re: bpf mailing list archive
@ 2021-11-24 18:01 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2021-11-24 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Li; +Cc: bpf

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 09:38:05AM -0800, Vincent Li wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find it hard read bpf mailing list archive from
> https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/, I don't have specific old email archive
> subject to read, just want to read some random old bpf email for
> learning, had to click older/next at the bottom of page, can't go back
> in specific month/year range, is it possible to archive the bpf
> mailing list in https://marc.info/, I find it useful :)

Clone the list from lore as instructed at the bottom of the page and
then you can run tools on it to get your own local archive for searching
and doing whatever you want to do with it.  Highly recommended, and much
easier than trying to deal with the horrid marc.info interface.

Also, if you don't know about them, tools like mairix and mu are both
wonderful email search tools for large mailing lists, you might want to
look into them after doing your clone of the mailing list archive.

good luck!

greg k-h

* Re: bpf mailing list archive
@ 2021-11-24 18:26   ` Vincent Li
From: Vincent Li @ 2021-11-24 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: bpf

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 10:01 AM Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 09:38:05AM -0800, Vincent Li wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I find it hard read bpf mailing list archive from
> > https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/, I don't have specific old email archive
> > subject to read, just want to read some random old bpf email for
> > learning, had to click older/next at the bottom of page, can't go back
> > in specific month/year range, is it possible to archive the bpf
> > mailing list in https://marc.info/, I find it useful :)
>
> Clone the list from lore as instructed at the bottom of the page and
> then you can run tools on it to get your own local archive for searching
> and doing whatever you want to do with it.  Highly recommended, and much
> easier than trying to deal with the horrid marc.info interface.

for lazy users like me that just want to click through browser to read
random subjects, marc.info seems not
that bad interface :)