ceph-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* In the ceph multisite master-zone, read ,write,delete objects, and the master-zone has data remaining.
@ 2021-03-10  8:34 WeiGuo Ren
From: WeiGuo Ren @ 2021-03-10  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

In my test environment, the ceph version is v14.2.5, and there are two
rgws, which are instances of two zones, respectively rgwA
(master-zone) and rgwB (slave-zone). Cosbench reads, writes, and
deletes to rgwA. , The final result rgwA has data residue, but rgwB
has no residue.

Looking at the log later, I found that this happened:
1. When rgwA deletes the object, the rgwA instance has not yet started
datasync (or the process is slow) to synchronize the object in the
slave-zone.
2. When rgwA starts data synchronization, rgwB has not deleted the object.
In process 2, rgwA will retrieve the object from the slave-zone, and
then rgwA will enter the incremental synchronization state to
synchronize the bilog, but the bilog about the del object will be
filtered out, because syncs_trace has  master zone.

Below I did a similar reproducing operation (both in the master
version and ceph 14.2.5)
rgwA and rgwB are two zones of the same zonegroup .rgwA and rgwB is
running ( set rgw_run_sync_thread=true)
rgwA and rgwB are two zones of the same zonegroup .rgwA and rgwB is
running ( set rgw_run_sync_thread=true)
t1: rgwA set rgw_run_sync_thread=false and restart it for it to take
effect. We use s3cmd to create a bucket in rgwA. And upload an object1
in rgwA. We use s3cmd to observe whether object1 has been synchronized
in rgwB. or  look radosgw-admin bucket sync status is cauht up it. If
the synchronization has passed, proceed to the next step.
t2:rgwB set rgw_run_sync_thread=false and restart it for it to take
effect. rgwA delete object1 .
t3:rgwA set rgw_run_sync_thread=true and restart it for it to take
effect. LOOK radosgw-admin bucket sync status is cauht up it.
t4: rgwB set rgw_run_sync_thread=true and restart it for it to take
effect. LOOK radosgw-admin bucket sync status is cauht up it .
The reslut: rgwA has object1,rgwB dosen't have object1.
This URL mentioned this problem  https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/47555

Could someone can help me? or If the bucket about the rgwA instance is
not in the incremental synchronization state, can we prohibit rgwA
from deleting object1?

* Re: In the ceph multisite master-zone, read ,write,delete objects, and the master-zone has data remaining.
@ 2021-03-16  2:04 ` WeiGuo Ren
From: WeiGuo Ren @ 2021-03-16  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

Do we need to solve this problem?

WeiGuo Ren <rwg1335252904@gmail.com> 于2021年3月10日周三 下午4:34写道:

@ 2021-03-17  6:33   ` WeiGuo Ren
From: WeiGuo Ren @ 2021-03-17  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

maybe 'If the bucket about the rgwA instance is
not in the incremental synchronization state, can we prohibit rgwA
from deleting object1?' is not the way to solve the problem. who can help me?

WeiGuo Ren <rwg1335252904@gmail.com> 于2021年3月16日周二 上午10:04写道: