ceph-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* thounds of files in monX/logm dir
@ 2010-07-29 15:30 Thomas Mueller
From: Thomas Mueller @ 2010-07-29 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

hi

had running a 4 node cluster with 3mon,3mds,4osd for a while with no one
accessing it (actually nobody mounted it, i just forgot to stop the
services). this was about ceph.git/unstable a month ago.

today i've upgraded to the latest ceph.git/unstable . to start over I
deleted the ceph data completly.

after 3mins of deleting i got curious.

every of the 3 mon nodes got about 530'000 files in the monX/logm dir.

is this expected?

- Thomas

* Re: thounds of files in monX/logm dir
@ 2010-07-29 16:41 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2010-07-29 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Mueller; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> hi
>
> had running a 4 node cluster with 3mon,3mds,4osd for a while with no one
> accessing it (actually nobody mounted it, i just forgot to stop the
> services). this was about ceph.git/unstable a month ago.
>
> today i've upgraded to the latest ceph.git/unstable . to start over I
> deleted the ceph data completly.
>
> after 3mins of deleting i got curious.
>
> every of the 3 mon nodes got about 530'000 files in the monX/logm dir.
>
> is this expected?

It's an open issue without a comprehensive solution.  I added a trim on
just the log states for now that will keep this in check (although keep in
mind the $mon_data/log* files aren't rotated still).

http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/250

sage