cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
* Commonly used bluetooth/wifi drivers
@ 2021-10-01  6:38 Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2021-10-01  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: cip-dev, jan.kiszka, yasin.demirci

Hi!

On cip-members, there was question of widely used drivers that we
should include for WIFI or Bluetooth.

AFAICT there are no standartized interfaces for WIFI, and each vendor
has their own. For Bluetooth, there's standard protocol to run over
serial and USB interfaces (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_protocols#Host_Controller_Interface_(HCI)
). Those are in drivers/bluetooth/btusb.c and drivers/bluetooth/hci_*.

If we were focused on notebooks, I'd be able to name common WIFI
chips, but embedded space is significantly different so my experience
is not useful here. I know of no dominant WIFI chip, but I'll be happy
to be corrected.

Best regards,
								Pavel

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* [cip-dev] Commonly used bluetooth/wifi drivers
@ 2021-10-01  6:38 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2021-10-01  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: cip-dev, jan.kiszka, yasin.demirci