cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
From: "Jan Kiszka" <jan.kiszka@siemens.com>
To: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org,
	Rajashree Sankar <rajashree.sankar@sanmina.com>
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Camera CSI support for IMX
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 11:36:00 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Rajashree,

On 16.10.20 12:25, Rajashree Sankar wrote:
>  Hello,
> We are using Linux-CIP Kernel Version 4.19.140-cip33. We do not find IMX
> files  in the Kernel supporting Camera Capture through CSI.Could you get
> us  how the support can be added?

Can you be more specific about what kernel driver(s) you are missing? Is
latest 5.9 supporting this? Then please provide a reference (driver
name, DT bindings or even commit list).

Or are you referring to a feature of the vendor tree (linux-imx)? Then
please talk to NXP and ask about the status of this, if there is an
upstream equivalent by now or if this has been abandoned by them.

CIP has a strict upstream-first policy, so we can't take any downstream
patches. However, if a feature is upstream and only missed the latest
CIP kernel, you can propose backported patches for integration into that
kernel. Preconditions:

 - they are not invasive to other drivers or the kernel as a whole

 - you are a CIP member, or the CIP member community supports the
   backport (as it may increase our workload)

> Thanks and Regards,
> Rajashree Sankar
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY
> This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for
> [...]

If configurable on your client, please disable this footer when posting
to public lists. It's irrelevant here because the content can't be
confidential due to the target public audience. This only bloats your
messages.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT