cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
* [cip-dev] Please check health for renesas board on LAVA
@ 2020-03-18  5:42 nobuhiro1.iwamatsu
From: nobuhiro1.iwamatsu @ 2020-03-18  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris.Paterson2; +Cc: cip-dev

Hi Chris,

Some Renesas boards look like down[0].
Therefore, testing with gitlab has not been completed.

Could you check it?

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro

[0]: https://lava.ciplatform.org/scheduler/alldevices

* Re: [cip-dev] Please check health for renesas board on LAVA
@ 2020-03-18  9:13 ` Chris Paterson
From: Chris Paterson @ 2020-03-18  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobuhiro1.iwamatsu; +Cc: cip-dev

Hello Iwamatsu-san,

Yes, sorry. There is an issue with one of the USB hubs.
However we're all working from home at the moment so it's not easy for me to get physical access.

As a temporary measure yesterday I removed the problematic boards from our CI pipelines, so hopefully going forward we should be okay.
The offline boards were additional non CIP reference platforms, so our CI will still be testing what needs to be tested.

This adds to my point that we need to spread reference platforms over more then one location 😊

Kind regards, Chris

@ 2020-03-18 16:12   ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-03-18 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Paterson, nobuhiro1.iwamatsu; +Cc: cip-dev

On 18.03.20 10:13, Chris Paterson wrote:
> Hello Iwamatsu-san,

...yeah, and at least one site should be on the moon - in case of
another wide-spread lockdown. ;)

Jan

* Re: [cip-dev] Please check health for renesas board on LAVA
@ 2020-03-18 20:42     ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2020-03-18 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: cip-dev

Hi!

> >This adds to my point that we need to spread reference platforms over more then one location 😊
> >

> ...yeah, and at least one site should be on the moon - in case of another
> wide-spread lockdown. ;)

I'd suggest a moon rather than the moon. Europa could work, just to be
sure :-).

									Pavel

* Re: [cip-dev] Please check health for renesas board on LAVA
@ 2020-03-18 20:44       ` Chris Paterson
> > >This adds to my point that we need to spread reference platforms over more
> then one location 😊
> > >

> > ...yeah, and at least one site should be on the moon - in case of another
> > wide-spread lockdown. ;)
>
> I'd suggest a moon rather than the moon. Europa could work, just to be
> sure :-).

I'm not sure if we'll cope with the latency though...

@ 2020-03-19  0:20   ` nobuhiro1.iwamatsu
From: nobuhiro1.iwamatsu @ 2020-03-19  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris.Paterson2; +Cc: cip-dev

Hi,

I see.

> As a temporary measure yesterday I removed the problematic boards from
> our CI pipelines, so hopefully going forward we should be okay.
> The offline boards were additional non CIP reference platforms, so our
> CI will still be testing what needs to be tested.

Okay, thanks for your work!

> This adds to my point that we need to spread reference platforms over
> more then one location 😊

Yes, We (Toshiba) will work on joining this support as well.

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro