cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
From: Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@renesas.com>
To: Gylstorff Quirin <quirin.gylstorff@siemens.com>,
	"cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org" <cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org>,
	"Kiszka, Jan (CT RDA IOT SES-DE)" <jan.kiszka@siemens.com>
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] : isar-cip-core and cip-kernel-config
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 11:06:48 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello Quirin,

Good question.

I think cip-kernel-config was created to help the CIP maintainers know what configurations etc. to support/maintain.
How will it affect the maintainers if we start adding config options that are only required for testing, rather then for SLTS support? (Or do we technically also need SLTS support for the 'test' config options?)

> Currently I am adding them directly to the defconfigs as it is IHMO
> more manageable as it avoid snippets/configs all over the place.

Would another option be to have complete configurations for testing, rather than just the extra snippets?
It would mean we need to maintain two copies of mostly the same thing, but it'll make scripting easier and be clear what is for the Kernel maintainers and what is for testing.

Would it be possible to use the same 'testing' configurations/snippets for both deby and isar versions of cip-core?

Kind regards, Chris