Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
* [Cocci] Coccinelle: zalloc-simple: Checking data processing for a bigger SmPL disjunction
@ 2019-11-04 13:34 Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-11-04 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Coccinelle

Hello,

I have tried the following small script variant out for
the semantic patch language.

@adjustment@
type T, T2;
expression x,E1,E2,E3,E4;
statement S;
@@
(
- x = kmalloc(E1,E2);
+ x = kzalloc(E1,E2);

 x = (T)dma_alloc_coherent(E2,E1,E3,E4);
)
  if ((x==NULL) || ...) S
- memset((T2)x,0,E1);

It can generate an usable diff hunk.

elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Linux/next-patched> spatch scripts/coccinelle/api/alloc/zalloc-simple-x.cocci drivers/scsi/pmcraid.c

But I would like to add the last case distinction also to a similar
disjunction in the known (and discussed) SmPL script version.
I observe that the expected diff hunk is not provided then.
How would you like to fix this software situation?

Regards,
Markus

* Re: [Cocci] Coccinelle: zalloc-simple: Checking data processing for a bigger SmPL disjunction
@ 2019-11-04 13:37 ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2019-11-04 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Elfring; +Cc: Coccinelle

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019, Markus Elfring wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried the following small script variant out for
> the semantic patch language.
>
> @adjustment@
> type T, T2;
> expression x,E1,E2,E3,E4;
> statement S;
> @@
> (
> - x = kmalloc(E1,E2);
> + x = kzalloc(E1,E2);
> |
>  x = (T)dma_alloc_coherent(E2,E1,E3,E4);
> )
>   if ((x==NULL) || ...) S
> - memset((T2)x,0,E1);
>

> It can generate an usable diff hunk.
>
> elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Linux/next-patched> spatch scripts/coccinelle/api/alloc/zalloc-simple-x.cocci drivers/scsi/pmcraid.c
>

> But I would like to add the last case distinction also to a similar
> disjunction in the known (and discussed) SmPL script version.

What is "the known (and discussed) SmPL script version"?

@ 2019-11-04 13:45   ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-11-04 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: Coccinelle

>> But I would like to add the last case distinction also to a similar
>> disjunction in the known (and discussed) SmPL script version.
>
> What is "the known (and discussed) SmPL script version"?

I am preparing further software updates.

Fixes: dfd32cad146e3624970eee9329e99d2c6ef751b3 ("dma-mapping: remove dma_zalloc_coherent()")

See also:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/scripts/coccinelle/api/alloc/zalloc-simple.cocci?id=a99d8080aaf358d5d23581244e5da23b35e340b9#n47

Regards,
Markus