cocci.inria.fr archive mirror
* Re: [Cocci] [V3] amdgpu: remove unnecessary condition check
       [not found] ` <ccd14dee-f275-5de4-b5c1-4f359d155288@amd.com>
@ 2020-04-21 10:00   ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2020-04-21 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian König, 赵军奎, amd-gfx, dri-devel
  Cc: Chunming Zhou, opensource.kernel, David Airlie,
	Felix Kühling, kernel-janitors, LKML, Daniel Vetter,
	Alex Deucher, Coccinelle

>> But i have to say there are so many code not follow the kernel code-style in amdgpu module.
>> And also the ./scripts/checkpatch.pl did not throw any warning or error.
>
> That is unfortunately true, yes. But we try to push new code through the usual code review and improve things as we go.
>
> On the other hand patches just to fix the coding style are usually seen as an unnecessary interruption and just a waste of time.

Would you become interested in adjusting deviations from known programming guidelines
in an automatic way with the help of corresponding advanced development tools?

Regards,
Markus

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-04-21 10:00 UTC | newest]