cocci.inria.fr archive mirror
* [Cocci] Rule for turning !unlikely to likely
@ 2019-08-24  7:14 Denis Efremov
From: Denis Efremov @ 2019-08-24  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hi,

I'm trying to write a rule for turning !unlikely to likely and vice versa.
However, it's hard for me to understand what is wrong with the rule and how to
make it work. Any suggestions? Do I need to introduce 'expression E;' instead
'(...)'? BTW, spatch hangs with -Dorg.

The rule:

virtual patch
virtual context
virtual org
virtual report

//----------------------------------------------------------
//  For context mode
//----------------------------------------------------------

@depends on context disable unlikely@
@@

(
* !likely(...)

* !unlikely(...)
)

//----------------------------------------------------------
//  For patch mode
//----------------------------------------------------------

@depends on patch disable unlikely@
@@

(
-!likely
+unlikely
 (...)

-!unlikely
+likely
 (...)
)

//----------------------------------------------------------
//  For org and report mode
//----------------------------------------------------------

@r depends on (org || report) disable unlikely@
position p;
@@

(
 !likely@p(...)

 !unlikely@p(...)
)

@script:python depends on org@
p << r.p;
@@

coccilib.org.print_todo(p[0], "WARNING use unlikely instead of !likely")

@script:python depends on report@
p << r.p;
@@

msg="WARNING: Use unlikely instead of !likely and likely instead of !unlikely"
coccilib.report.print_report(p[0], msg)

Thanks,
Denis

* Re: [Cocci] Rule for turning !unlikely to likely
@ 2019-08-24 11:23 ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2019-08-24 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Efremov; +Cc: cocci

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019, Denis Efremov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a rule for turning !unlikely to likely and vice versa.
> However, it's hard for me to understand what is wrong with the rule and how to
> make it work. Any suggestions? Do I need to introduce 'expression E;' instead
> '(...)'? BTW, spatch hangs with -Dorg.

Try adding

disable unlikely

to each rule.  There is an isomorphism that makes likely and unlikely
optional and perhaps it causes problems.

julia

@ 2019-08-24 13:01   ` Denis Efremov
From: Denis Efremov @ 2019-08-24 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: cocci

On 24.08.2019 14:23, Julia Lawall wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Aug 2019, Denis Efremov wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to write a rule for turning !unlikely to likely and vice versa.
>> However, it's hard for me to understand what is wrong with the rule and how to
>> make it work. Any suggestions? Do I need to introduce 'expression E;' instead
>> '(...)'? BTW, spatch hangs with -Dorg.
>
> Try adding
>
> disable unlikely
>
> to each rule.  There is an isomorphism that makes likely and unlikely
> optional and perhaps it causes problems.

It's already added, as you could see it in the listing. :) Maybe I do it in the
wrong order?