cti-tac.lists.linuxfoundation.org archive mirror
* CTI TAC Meeting Notes 2023-10-25
@ 2023-10-25 15:52 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2023-10-25 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cti-tac

CTI TAC Meeting Notes 2023-10-25

Present:
 * Carlos O'Donell
 * Joseph Myers
 * Siddhesh Poyarekar
 * David Edelsohn
 * Konstantin Ryabitsev (LF IT)
 * Ryan Day (LF IT)
 * Bennett Pursell (OpenSSF)
 * Ian Kelling (FSF)

Agenda:
 * Previous meeting AI: Create cti.toolchain.dev and document what we have and what we know for the community to have a place to review documents.
 * Involves LF IT to setup domain and infrastructure for documents.
 * Next steps for cti.toolchain.dev
 * David Edelsohn holds the domain for toolchain.dev.
 * Domain assets stay with CTI.
  * Konstantin: Domains belong to projects.
  * Bennett: Yes, transfer of domain, but ownership is maintained elsewhere.
 * Carlos: The next question is what do we use? Sphinx or Markdown?
 * Siddhesh: No opinion. Either is fine.
 * Joseph: For this particular sort of thing this might not matter much.
 * Carlos: I see Ian is on the call. Asking Ian if he has any experience.
 * Ian: No particular experience.
 * Carlos: Decided. Lets go with Sphinx.
 * Carlos: Do we name it git?
 * Konstantin: Sent email back regarding git vs gitolite.
 * Carlos: AI respond back to email regarding DNS name.
 * David: May we clarify the question of DNS?
 * Konstantin: git DOT is usually public facing read-only. Periodically someone tries to do something like clone lots of same revisions shallow. So we use a distinct DNS for the various uses.
 * Konstantin: push is only SSH accessible and for official bots.
 * David: Are we going to enable or stand up all of these names at the same time?
 * Konstantin: We can just stand them up right away, no staging.
 * Joseph: This is still just about CTI and docs.
 * Carlos: Yes, once we have the documents up we go back to the glibc stewards/GNU Maintainers to continue the conversation and move that forward. Particularly to document enough items to address Paul Eggert's concerns.
 * Siddhesh: I think we're good. No other items.
 * Ryan: No further items.
 * Konstantin: Is OpenStack a good solution to use for this?
 * Short discussion about AWS vs. OpenStack and free vs non-free.
 * Joseph: We should be using what we will use with the rest of the projects.
 * Siddhesh: gcc will have very different requirements. Do we need to tie them together?
 * Siddhesh: Does the Linux kernel use OpenStack?
 * Konstantin: The Linux kernel is more agnostic about infrastructure services, so long as we can move the services. Particularly that it does not depend on proprietary software.
 * David: Could we have limited access or differentiation between AWS and hardware hosted nodes with regards to freedom respecting access. We could provide a dedicated interface on dedicated infrastructure, replicated from the common infrastructure for completely free software based access.
 * Ian Kelling: Developers, or members on the committee who manage infrastructure, want to be able to deploy without the use of non-free software.
 * Carlos: Note that if you keep a fully FOSS stack for deployment you prevent yourself from accidentally depending on non-free AWS features.
 * Bennett: Had OpenSSF board meeting. Need Mission Vision document for CTI.
 * David: What beyond MVSR?

Action items:
 * Carlos: Follow up with Konstantin around DNS names.
 * David: Work with LF IT regarding domain transfers.
 * Carlos: Work with LF IT to finalize the Sphinx workflow to deploy.
 * AI: OpenSSF TAC presentation on status. November 28th.

Note: Next meeting is on November 29th.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-10-25 15:52 UTC | newest]