cti-tac.lists.linuxfoundation.org archive mirror
* CTI Planning for glibc migration - Meeting Notes 2024-04-03
@ 2024-04-03 20:05 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2024-04-03 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cti-tac, Bennett Pursell, Konstantin Ryabitsev

Attendees:
- Konstantin (LF IT)
- Carlos O'Donell (TAC)
- David Edelsohn (TAC)
- Siddhesh Poyarekar (TAC)
- Bennett Pursell (OpenSSF)

CIT kickoff discussion about glibc service migration to LF IT services.

- Carlos: Do we have a CTI GB to sign off on the process?
- David: Not exactly.
- Carlos: What would we need to do?
- David: We promised the CTI GB would be open.
- David: Agreed with Jeffrey Borek to go through the executive committee for the reading of our CTI proposal.
- Carlos: Can the OpenSSF just say it's part of CTI and become the single member of the GB and vote.

[Notes: Agreed to take this conversation offline, but we need a LF IT SOW to create the proposal
that goes before the OpenSSF GC as part of the open governance process to review the SOW and costs]

- Carlos: So we need a migration plan.
- Konstantin: What services will be migrated?
- The amount of data in each thing.
- The number of users.
- Access to various services.
- Carlos: https://cti.coretoolchain.dev/projects/glibc.html#service-migration
- Konstantin: The most complex migration is bugzilla.
- Konstantin: Likewise with Patchwork it requires some surgery.
- Siddhesh: Can we make a clean break?
- Carlos: I recommend a clean break.
- Konstantin: Setup a coretoolchain.dev bbb instance?
- If you wanted to start a fresh instance then you could own the instance for future migrations.
- Carlos: That makes sense to me.
- Siddhesh: Is it based on upstream BBB or is it based on distro BBB?
- Siddhesh: If the vendor has some patches on top of BBB that should be OK as long as they continue to track upstream.
- Carlos: What is next?
- Konstantin: Can we reuse git.coretoolchain.dev?
- Carlos: Yes, I assume these services are isolated?
- Konstantin: glibc devs have no access to gcc repos.
- Carlos: For mailing lists can we clone the old ones too?
- Konstantin: Yes.
- Konstantin: Let me take the current list of services.
- Carlos: Detailed service information https://cti.coretoolchain.dev/projects/enum.html#gnu-c-library
- Konstantin: Switching away from CentOS 7 and RHEL9, with a deadline being June.
- Konstantin: To write up an SOW.
- Bennett: The GC is every other week. High bandwidth. GB is once a quarter. May 16th next GB.
- 6 weeks to target SOW to GB
- 1 week earlier for GC at least.
- In the next 2 weeks want something solidly drafted to socialize.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-04-03 20:05 UTC | newest]