dm-crypt.saout.de archive mirror
* [dm-crypt] how to debug cryptsetup with gdb?
@ 2020-09-21 21:10 Keith Broerman
From: Keith Broerman @ 2020-09-21 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dm-crypt

Hello,
I have built the cryptsetup executable and in trying to understand how it
works I would like to use gdb to step thru the code and examine the data
structures, etc. But cryptsetup is normally launched using the
cryptsetup script so gdb can't operate on that directly.  Is there a
gdbinit script available that gets things ready so that gdb can open the
./.libs/cryptsetup executable?

Thank you,
Keith

* Re: [dm-crypt] how to debug cryptsetup with gdb?
@ 2020-09-22 10:52 ` Milan Broz
From: Milan Broz @ 2020-09-22 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Broerman, dm-crypt

On 21/09/2020 23:10, Keith Broerman wrote:
> I have built the cryptsetup executable and in trying to understand how it works I would like to use gdb to step thru the code and examine the data structures, etc. But cryptsetup is normally launched using the cryptsetup script so gdb can't operate on that directly.  Is there a gdbinit script available that gets things ready so that gdb can open the ./.libs/cryptsetup executable?

Use libtool and run (from git root):

libtool --mode=execute gdb --args ./cryptsetup --debug $@

m.