dri-devel.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* Process identical patches in different tree
@ 2020-01-07  2:56 CK Hu
From: CK Hu @ 2020-01-07  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Airlie, Daniel Vetter, MatthiasBrugger, dri-devel, linux-mediatek

Hi, Dave, Daniel, Matthias:

In mediatek-drm-next-5.6 [1], I've cherry-pick 3 patches from
v5.5-next/soc [2] because some drm patches depend on these cmdq patches.
So these cmdq patches exist in both tree now. I want to know how to
process this case. I think we could choose one of below way:

1. Because these cmdq patches are identical in both tree, so each tree
could do its own upstream and the there would be nothing happen when
merge.
2. Let soc upstream first, and mediatek drm rebase on the latest
mainline then upstream.

Which one do you prefer?

[1]
https://github.com/ckhu-mediatek/linux.git-tags/commits/mediatek-drm-next-5.6