dri-devel.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* [GIT PULL] Synopsis DesignWare HDMI driver development updates
@ 2015-07-15 18:41 Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2015-07-15 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Airlie; +Cc: dri-devel

David,

Please incorporate the latest Synopsis DesignWare HDMI driver development
updates, which can be found at:

  git://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/linux-arm.git drm-dwhdmi-devel

with SHA1 b2779af1fd087320ebde01614f770b12e2dc3e5c.

Here are some development updates for the Synopsis Designware HDMI driver,
which clean up some of the code, and start preparing to add audio support
to the driver.  This series of patches are based on a couple of dependent
commits from the ALSA tree.

Briefly, the updates are:
- move comments which should have moved with the phy values to the IMX
  part of the driver.
- clean up the phy configuration: to all lookups before starting to
  program the phy.
- clean up the HDMI clock regenerator code
- use the drm_hdmi_avi_infoframe_from_display_mode() helper which allows
  the code to be subsequently simplified
- remove the unused 'regmap' pointer in struct dw_hdmi
- use the bridge drm device rather than the connector (we're the bridge
  code)
- remove private hsync/vsync/interlaced flags, getting them from the
  DRM mode structure instead.
- implement interface functions to support audio - setting the audio
  sample rate, and enabling the audio clocks.

These are preparitory patches for the AHB audio driver and the I2S
audio driver (from Rockchip) for this IP.

This will update the following files:

 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi.c  | 297 +++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/imx/dw_hdmi-imx.c |   5 +
 include/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi.h      |   7 +
 include/drm/drm_edid.h            |  19 +++

through these changes:

Russell King (11):
      drm: imx/dw_hdmi: move phy comments
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: clean up phy configuration
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: clean up hdmi_set_clk_regenerator()
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: use drm_hdmi_avi_infoframe_from_display_mode()
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: simplify hdmi_config_AVI() a little
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: remove unused 'regmap' struct member
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: use our own drm_device
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: remove mhsyncpolarity/mvsyncpolarity/minterlaced
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: introduce interface to setting sample rate
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: introduce interfaces to enable and disable audio
      drm/edid: add function to help find SADs

Many thanks.

* [GIT PULL] Synopsis DesignWare HDMI driver development updates
@ 2015-10-15 16:30 Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2015-10-15 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Airlie; +Cc: dri-devel

David,

Please incorporate the latest Synopsis DesignWare HDMI driver development
updates, which can be found at:

  git://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/linux-arm.git drm-dwhdmi-devel

with SHA1 dfbdaf50460479446a258ef781683e7d7d6349d7.

This series:
* adds support for interlaced video modes to the ipu-v3 driver
  and dw_hdmi bridge.
* reworks the dw_hdmi connector enable/disable support, to ensure that
  when DRM disables the output, it stays disabled irrespective of the
  hotplug state.
* adds support for connector forcing, so we can force the hotplug state
  for this connector.
* adds the ALSA AHB audio driver to the bridge: Iwai has acked the
  audio driver.
* a few fixes to the ACR calculations to allow more modes to work with
  audio on iMX6.

Fabio has independently tested this series, so all patches here carry
his tested-by tag.

This will update the following files:

 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/Kconfig             |  12 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/Makefile            |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi-ahb-audio.c | 653 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi-audio.h     |  14 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi.c           | 391 ++++++++++-------
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi.h           |   3 +
 drivers/gpu/ipu-v3/ipu-dc.c                |  15 +-
 drivers/gpu/ipu-v3/ipu-di.c                | 129 +++---
 create mode 100644 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi-ahb-audio.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi-audio.h

through these changes:

Russell King (13):
      gpu: imx: simplify sync polarity setting
      gpu: imx: fix support for interlaced modes
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: add support for interlaced video modes
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: add connector mode forcing
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: improve HDMI enable/disable handling
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi-ahb-audio: add audio driver
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi-ahb-audio: parse ELD from HDMI driver
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi-ahb-audio: basic support for multi-channel PCM audio
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi-ahb-audio: allow larger buffer sizes
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: avoid being recursive in N calculation
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: adjust pixel clock values in N calculation
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: remove ratio support from ACR code
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: replace CTS calculation for the ACR

Many thanks.

* Re: [GIT PULL] Synopsis DesignWare HDMI driver development updates
@ 2015-08-27  3:02   ` Dave Airlie
From: Dave Airlie @ 2015-08-27  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell King; +Cc: Daniel Vetter, dri-devel

On 22 August 2015 at 00:01, Russell King <rmk@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> I've now dropped this into linux-next so that it can get some time there,
> and still be merged during the 4.3 merge window should it open this Sunday.

Oh I sent the edid fix to Linus and was waiting for to backmerge before
pulling this, I've taken it now .

Dave.

* Re: [GIT PULL] Synopsis DesignWare HDMI driver development updates
@ 2015-08-21 14:01 ` Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2015-08-21 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Airlie, Daniel Vetter; +Cc: dri-devel

@ 2015-08-19  8:11 Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2015-08-19  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Airlie; +Cc: dri-devel

@ 2015-04-11 10:01 Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2015-04-11 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Airlie; +Cc: dri-devel

David,

Please incorporate the latest Synopsis DesignWare HDMI driver development
updates, which can be found at:

  git://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/linux-arm.git drm-dwhdmi-devel

with SHA1 1dbee1a3c38a8792c235048df1d709fc5ca3a185.

Apologies for this being late... these are the patches which I queued last
week after review on the mailing list, and have been tested by myself and
agreed to be pushed for the 4.1 merge window between Yakir Yang and myself.
If you're not taking stuff anymore, that's fine, I'll queue for the 4.2
window instead.

This set of patches adjust the setup of the HDMI CTS/N values for audio
support to be compliant with the work-around given in the iMX6 errata
documentation as part of the preparation for integrating audio support
for this driver, and also update the HDMI phy configuration for Rockchip
devices to improve the HDMI eye pattern.

This will update the following files:

 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi.c            | 54 ++++++++++++++++-------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/imx/dw_hdmi-imx.c           | 24 ++++++-------
 drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/dw_hdmi-rockchip.c | 14 ++++----
 include/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi.h                |  5 +--

through these changes:

Russell King (3):
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: combine hdmi_set_clock_regenerator_n() and hdmi_regenerate_cts()
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: protect n/cts setting with a mutex
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: adjust n/cts setting order

Yakir Yang (3):
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: fixed codec style
      drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: separate VLEVCTRL settting into platform driver
      drm: rockchip/dw_hdmi-rockchip: improve for HDMI electrical test

Many thanks.