dri-devel.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* Requests For Proposals for hosting XDC 2024 are now open
@ 2023-06-19 13:43 Ricardo Garcia
From: Ricardo Garcia @ 2023-06-19 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: events, xorg-devel, wayland-devel, dri-devel, mesa-dev, amd-gfx,
	etnaviv, freedreno, nouveau, intel-gfx, libre-soc-dev
  Cc: board

Hello everyone!

The X.org board is soliciting proposals to host XDC in 2024. Since XDC
2023 is being held in Europe this year, we've decided to host in North
America. However, the board is open to other locations, especially if
there's an interesting co-location with another conference.

If you're considering hosting XDC, we've assembled a wiki page with
what's generally expected and needed:

https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/RFP/

When submitting your proposal, please make sure to include at least the
key information about the potential location in question, possible
dates along with estimated costs. Proposals can be submitted to board
at foundation.x.org until the deadline of *September 17th, 2023*.

Additionally, an quirk early heads-up to the board if you're
considering hosting would be appreciated, in case we need to adjust the
schedule a bit. Also, earlier is better since there generally will be a
bit of Q&A with organizers.

And if you just have some questions about what organizing XDC entails,
please feel free to chat with previous organizers, or someone from the
board.

Thanks,
Ricardo Garcia, on behalf of X.Org

* Re: Requests For Proposals for hosting XDC 2024 are now open
@ 2023-09-28 15:31 ` Ricardo Garcia
From: Ricardo Garcia @ 2023-09-28 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: events, xorg-devel, wayland-devel, dri-devel, mesa-dev, amd-gfx,
	etnaviv, freedreno, nouveau, intel-gfx, libre-soc-dev
  Cc: board

The period to submit XDC 2024 hosting proposals has been extended and
the new deadline is **November 1, 2023**

Please, submit your proposals as soon as possible, thank you!