dwarves.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* 16-bit id's in cu_for_each loops cause infinite loops with large libraries
@ 2016-07-18 18:13 David Beaulieu
From: David Beaulieu @ 2016-07-18 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dwarves-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hello,

I'm new to pahole (great tool!)... I downloaded the latest git source
(b52386d041fac2dc6decf3a9e8e85385784a2de9) and tried to run it against a
large library from my project. It got caught in an infinite loop in
cu__find_base_type_by_sname_and_size() in the call to cu__for_each_type().
The reason was the uint16_t id was not big enough... it wraps around and
is always less than cu->types_table.nr_entries. I changed it (and other
instances of it in dwarves.c) to uint32_t, and that seems to have fixed
the issue, but I don't know if there are any other side effects.

Anyway, hope this helps!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-07-18 18:13 UTC | newest]