initramfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Default initramfs location
@ 2020-07-14 18:35 Ian Pilcher
From: Ian Pilcher @ 2020-07-14 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: initramfs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

I've recently migrated one of my systems from GRUB to systemd-boot.  As
a result my initramfs is no longer at /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img.

Instead, it is at /efi/$(cat /etc/machine-id)/$(uname -r)/initrd.

dracut is still using the old location by default.  (For example, if I
rebuild the initramfs with 'dracut -f', dracut writes the new file at
it's "traditional" location under /boot.)

Is there a configuration option that I can set to make dracut use the
systemd-boot location (or some other way to do it)?

Thanks!

                  In Soviet Russia, Google searches you!

* Re: Default initramfs location
@ 2020-07-15  4:52 ` Andrei Borzenkov
From: Andrei Borzenkov @ 2020-07-15  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Pilcher, initramfs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

14.07.2020 21:35, Ian Pilcher пишет:
> I've recently migrated one of my systems from GRUB to systemd-boot.  As
> a result my initramfs is no longer at /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img.
>
> Instead, it is at /efi/$(cat /etc/machine-id)/$(uname -r)/initrd.
>
> dracut is still using the old location by default.  (For example, if I
> rebuild the initramfs with 'dracut -f', dracut writes the new file at
> it's "traditional" location under /boot.)
>
> Is there a configuration option that I can set to make dracut use the
> systemd-boot location (or some other way to do it)?
>
> Thanks!

If you use --uefi parameter dracut defaults to
\EFI\Linux\linix-$kernel-$MACHINE_ID-$BUILD_ID.efi (where BUILD_ID is
from /etc/os-release if present).